froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
When you think of Android tablets, chances are you might be thinking of brands like Samsung or maybe even Google’s Nexus lineup. While Dell has created Android tablets before, it seems that the company has decided that moving forward, they will no longer create Android tablets. Instead the company will be focusing on Windows-based 2-in-1 devices.

This is according to a statement that a Dell spokesman released to PC World. “The slate tablet market is over-saturated and is experiencing declining demand from consumers, so we’ve decided to discontinue the Android-based Venue tablet line. We are seeing 2-in-1s rising in popularity since they provide a more optimal blend of PC capabilities with tablet mobility. This is especially true in the commercial space.”

Read More

This is too bad that Dell gave up on Android tablet since I feel Android is still growing because there are so many new apps, mods, games, and services being released to Android.

I guest, people who want an Android tablet will just buy one from Nvidia, Samsung, Asus, HTC, Google, HP, Lenovo, or Amazon where Fire OS is a custom version of Android which uses Amazon services.

I'm not a fan of Windows 10 2-in-1 tablet/laptop devices because they usually don't have enough disk storage, and they cost more than a regular laptop with more storage, better performance, and a nicer keyboard. There are also not enough good touchscreen games, and apps for Windows 10 to make it worth it to buy a Windows 10 tablet, or 2-in-1 laptop/tablet device.

I never heard of Dell Android tablets before. I agree though, I think there really just wasn't any room for them. I think they should focus more into the desktop/laptop side of things.

Didn't know Dell made tablets either.

I guess it was never Dell's game to play anyway, their main focus is and should for now be their computers, namely laptops. Look at the critically acclaimed masterpiece that is the XPS laptop series. They're great competitors in the high end laptop market and there is a large demand for their aesthetically pleasing, bezel-less designs. But I quite liked their most popular tablet, the Venue 8. It had a really unique design and at a rather low price point. But I understand why they are abandoning that race, there are too many competitors, especially with the influx of cheap Chinese brands.

I agree with the replies that Dell should focus on Desktop and Laptops. But, people and companies are holding onto their desktop and laptop computers for many years longer than before, so there maybe fewer repeat buyers now. There are also more people who are installing Linux, Chromium OS, Android, and Remix OS on their old computer, so it runs faster by using a lightweight OS.

A lot of people are also building and upgrading their own computers, so fewer people are buying computers directly from Dell, and other PC builders.

I think Dell could still do well selling Android tablets if Dell made a reasonably priced Android Tablets with faster performance, more storage, and a cool design.

Last edited:
Back