Did you ever wish your printer can print text files, or documents without the need of a computer?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think it would be neat to be able to print text, document, MS word files without the need to turn on a computer and press print since sometimes my docs are on my flash drive, but my PC is not on, so I need to turn on my PC to print documents which takes 1-3 minutes to boot, but I save more time if I just turn on my printer and print my text files directly on the printer like those small photo printers.

The printer just read your Flash drive, SDcard, CD with your document inside of it, and you select which document you want to print from the printers LCD monitor like how newer all-in-one printers can print pictures without the need to turn on a PC.

I kind of wonder why a printer with a memory card slot can print pictures without a computer, but the designers don't design a printer that can print document files by reading a flash drive/memory card on its builtin card reader .

I don't think it will ever happen unless the printer comes with a little screen of it's own that you can pre check your stuff that your about to print.

Back