Did you install any app to cool your phone?

Claraviolet

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Unlock full profile styling
I have been thinking of installing one, as it gets overheated when I am using it as a mobile hotspot. I use my laptop a lot, so, I connect to my phone's network quite a bit.

So, have you ever installed any app like that? If so, did it work?

Hmmm i tried to cool my phone when it gets overheated by using some apps so long but none of them worked for me even i too use my phone as a data by hotspot.

I tried to one, I can't remember what it's called, but it didn't work and it just made my phone die faster than usual.

I sometimes "force stop" apps like YouTube, Chrome, social networking apps, etc in the App info page for the app section found in the settings app in Android. It seems to make my battery last a little longer, but I don't get notifications from apps which I forced stop.

No app can really just make a phone cold, all it really does is just kill applications or slow things down so the phone doesn't work as hard.

If you need it to be kept cool, you'll either need to be in a cold place or place it near some type of cooling device like a fan.

Damn. I was really hoping they would work at least a bit.
Guess I won't be installing them anytime soon. Thank you guys for sharing your experiences with me :grin:

Damn. I was really hoping they would work at least a bit.
Guess I won't be installing them anytime soon. Thank you guys for sharing your experiences with me :grin:
Better not to install them tho cause some of them make your Mobile device too bad conditions.

Better not to install them tho cause some of them make your Mobile device too bad conditions.
Oh my God. I always thought they would have better algorithms for better optimization which would cool down the device after sometime...*sigh
Thanks. I would never install them :)

No app can really just make a phone cold, all it really does is just kill applications or slow things down so the phone doesn't work as hard.

If you need it to be kept cool, you'll either need to be in a cold place or place it near some type of cooling device like a fan.

Custom Android Roms and more lightweight apps like lightweight launchers sometimes use less RAM and CPU resources which may help with keeping a phone from overheating as often.

Well that's what I wanted to get but looks like not many can do that and I don't want to install something that kills my battery backup time.

I don't really remember the name of it but it is an all in one toolbox. It is very useful, like I need to convert measures and such. It also has financial calculators and unit converters.
EDIT: Lol, I misread the title, I thought it was "Did you install any cool app to your phone".
Anyway, no, I am not installing that kind of apps, they have lot of ads.

Last edited:
I've tried so long ago but it didn't work. So I uninstall it right away. It didn't make my phone cool at all instead it makes the phone hybernate more.

Haven't tried any of those apps. I believe they are fake and they do not really do what they say they do. :mad: So what's the point of trying?

I guess no app will work to cool your phone instantly. The only thing you should do is to rest your phone for a couple of minutes and let it cool.

Here's a good thread in Quora that you might get interested in reading > https://www.quora.com/Is-there-an-app-for-cooling-my-Android-phone-down

To sum it up, nope, apps claiming to cool down our phone doesn't really work the way they're advertised. The only thing they do is hibernate or close the running apps, or do it automatically for you. Basically, these apps have more disadvantages than advantages in installing them. Usually these kind of apps come with fancy cinematic display, like a fan, rocket, whatsoever, which only consume RAM in our phone. The users can also do the things these apps can do, but manually. For example in adroid phones, limiting the number of apps running at the same time in the developer's settings. Another one is keenly monitoring the running applications and clicking "force stop" to those you doesn't use.

Bottom line, we don't install it and we advice you not to do so.

I'm not installing any app that will consume my battery fast. Specially if I don't need the app. Actually my phone is really boring, It doesn't have games, cool apps or downloaded wall papers. It's just a simple phone for me.

Just try some cleaning apps. It can help you remove excess files. If you had remove the excess files, it will help your mobile to become fast and heat-free.

Back