Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

A selling point for the gamecube, but did it ever move you?

Growing up with the Gamecube and PSOne, I can agree the Gamecube has moved around a bit between rooms. The games are unique but in the same vein niche. Melee with the weird balancing and glitches/exploits. With high gravity and knockback on characters moves like Sheik, mixed with Hitstun. At least Jigglypuff wasn't the norm. Then Mario Kart: Double Dash with the tracks so tight you had to be in first so you can drop a banana/giant banana in tight spots and win. In Mario Sunshine, the fickle water abilities and mechanics besides a few neat flips kinda made me like Galaxy more. Luigi's Mansion has a good loop but I'm not the type into games that rank you and you play it over again like an arcade. BUT at least it has Custom Robo Battle Revolution and Pokemon Colosseum/XD.

Growing up with the Gamecube and PSOne, I can agree the Gamecube has moved around a bit between rooms. The games are unique but in the same vein niche. Melee with the weird balancing and glitches/exploits. With high gravity and knockback on characters moves like Sheik, mixed with Hitstun. At least Jigglypuff wasn't the norm. Then Mario Kart: Double Dash with the tracks so tight you had to be in first so you can drop a banana/giant banana in tight spots and win. In Mario Sunshine, the fickle water abilities and mechanics besides a few neat flips kinda made me like Galaxy more. Luigi's Mansion has a good loop but I'm not the type into games that rank you and you play it over again like an arcade. BUT at least it has Custom Robo Battle Revolution and Pokemon Colosseum/XD.

Honestly for me Gamecube had a few good games (highest point was skies of Arcadia remaster) but not near the amount PS2 had, mario, zelda and metriod can only do so much.

The handle was always a bit of a weird one, mainly as i would never move it, seemed a bit pointless but I'm sure a lot of people got use out of it. The Gamecube was an incredible console though, I've been playing mine for the last few weeks.

I was not a huge fan of the handle on the Gamecube. I thought the handle made the Gamecube looks more bulky.

I remember everyone who had a GameCube basically all owned the same games.

It’s also the main reason why Tales of Symphonia is the most famous entry in the Tales franchise, cuz for ages, it was the only entry the general public knew about. It stuck out like a sore thumb for being an RPG on the console.

It’s also the main reason why Tales of Symphonia is the most famous entry in the Tales franchise, cuz for ages, it was the only entry the general public knew about. It stuck out like a sore thumb for being an RPG on the console.

Weren't cool if you didn't own at least melee or double dash.

This is a good point tbf, can't argue with it.
Everybody at the time i knew who had a Gamecube basically had Double Dash, Smash and Sunshine. That was pretty much it.

Back