Did you wish there are more cheap laptops without built-in speakers?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Yes, I wish there were more cheap laptops which did not come with built-in speakers. I rarely use the low quality speakers which are built-into most cheap to average price laptop.

I feel like I am being forced to pay for low quality laptop speakers which I rarely use. I rather use my money to buy a pair of $10 portable speakers for a laptop instead of buying a slightly more expensive laptop with low quality speakers which sound bad.

I mostly plug in a pair of external speakers to my laptops' headphone/headset jack, or use headphones by plugging them into my laptop's headphone jack.

Considering what a laptop is supposed to be, you can't have it go without speakers. It's needed really.

Considering what a laptop is supposed to be, you can't have it go without speakers. It's needed really.

I think having no speakers depends on what type of user is using the laptop. If a user use a laptop mainly for office work, text, or controlling your printer, servers on a network, or command lines, using a laptop without speakers won't be a problem to most workers. Most computers at the library and computer labs don't have speakers, and require users use a pair of headphone's for private listening.

There are some users who are deaf, or have bad hearing where they can't hear, or need to use headphones to plug into a laptop to hear the sound more clearly and loudly. Cheap low quality speakers are not good for people who have bad hearing, and they will need to use a pair of better headphones, and louder speakers to hear sound from the laptop.

Considering the market cheap laptops are geared towards - usually casual home use, I think speakers are required.

I think casual users may have problems picking a pair of external portable speakers, and possibly, finding the headphone jack on laptops, so a cheap laptop with speakers would be better for casual users.

But, casual users seem to be the most likely users to buy the cheapest laptops and tablets, and may be more likely to buy a very cheap laptop without speakers which is $10 cheaper, and use their $1 headphones to listen to audio through the 3.5mm headphone jack.

Last edited:
Back