Discontinued anime series

Claraviolet

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Unlock full profile styling
Is there an anime series that got discontinued without any sort of ending?
I was in an argument with one of my friends about it... So.....

I know Bleach and Roroni Kenshin got cancelled. Outside of that, it’s really the seasonal stuff that hasn’t got a second or third season in several years.

Bleach and by god what a crime that was.

High School of the Dead and Claymore. Claymore wasn't as bad, since we had the manga to fill in the blanks. But High School of the Dead was rather tragic with the author getting sick and eventually passing away.

Leaving the...."plot" aside , it was genuinely one of the best zombie apocalypse anime out there. While there are other zombie anime, they tend to be focused around supernatural elements or alien lifeforms, rather than the usual plot of science gone wrong/too far.

Probably because it was getting bad, and the audience was losing interest. Mangaka don’t work on the anime, and I’m not sure how much the publishing company actually contributes to the anime.

but everything on the anime is pulled from the manga, which goes back to my point of poor management by the publisher and Kubo's health.

but everything on the anime is pulled from the manga, which goes back to my point of poor management by the publisher and Kubo's health.

When it comes to the anime that were ongoing, everything isn’t based off the anime with the filler arcs, and Bleach is infamous with having terrible filler arcs that have terrible continuity.

I don’t remember specifics, but there’s been times where a filler arc introduces a character/concept that got retconned by an episode that’s actually based off the manga.

My point is, you can’t blame Kubo (and maybe Shonen Jump) when the audience lost interest in the anime when the filler arcs annoyed audiences enough to lose interest in the show.

This is why anime that separate the seasons have largely replaced the ongoing shows, is that while they don’t animate every single chapter, they animate the important ones, while also not having filler arcs. Railgun is the only one I can really think of that has what you’d consider filler episodes.

When it comes to the anime that were ongoing, everything isn’t based off the anime with the filler arcs, and Bleach is infamous with having terrible filler arcs that have terrible continuity.

I don’t remember specifics, but there’s been times where a filler arc introduces a character/concept that got retconned by an episode that’s actually based off the manga.

My point is, you can’t blame Kubo (and maybe Shonen Jump) when the audience lost interest in the anime when the filler arcs annoyed audiences enough to lose interest in the show.

This is why anime that separate the seasons have largely replaced the ongoing shows, is that while they don’t animate every single chapter, they animate the important ones, while also not having filler arcs. Railgun is the only one I can really think of that has what you’d consider filler episodes.

I won't deny Bleach had some bad filler at the start, but towards the end, Bleach was cranking out better filler arcs than manga based arcs in story.

Back