Dislike websites which ask permission to locate you, send Notifications to your device or e-mail?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Yes, I don't like websites which ask for my permission to ask for my location data, and send notifications to my PC, or e-mail once you shared your e-mail with the site.

I find the pop-up messages distracting.

yep, very annoying. I noticed that IPB 4 seems to be doing this of late.

Yeah, I find them nearly as annoying as the sites constantly asking for my email address. Either way, both types never get me visiting them again.

I hate it when sites ask for my location data. I mean in most cases the only reason they need that is to target ads. (I can understand why some stores might ask for it... so when you go check if they have an item it'll give you the number at the store closest to you. That or there may be regional deals where if you're in one place it has like 10% off one item, but not in another area.)

Thankfully there is an option to turn the location and notification requests off in Chrome. It's located in Settings -> Advanced -> Content Settings (under the privacy heading). Then choose deny all for both location and notification.

Back