Full GL Member
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Read this tweet:

Disney will adapt the 1970 animated classic into a live-action film, which is currently in early development with Will Gluck (Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway) and Keith Bunin (Onward) set to write the script. Gluck will produce under his Olive Bridge Entertainment banner.

It was also reported that the film would have a similar live-action style to Lady and the Tramp, which premiered on Disney+ in 2019. However, as The Aristocats is in its earliest stages, very little is known about the film at the time of writing, including if it will premiere theatrically or on Disney+.

Oh wow... this could be interesting! There's been a lot of hate around live action remakes but I've enjoyed them myself.

There are a lot of Disney movies I have never seen like say that Lady and the Tramp, or Mulan, or Lion King live-action. Might stay that way but some might interest me later like The Hunchback of Notre Dame or Hercules.

I wasn't a huge fan of the Lady and the Tramp remake, despite being a fan of the original.. I felt that their other attempts generally worked much better.

I have little hope for The Aristocrats, especially after the numerous flops with Cats.

I have little hope for The Aristocrats, especially after the numerous flops with Cats.
Indeed this. Though probably Disney could learn a thing or 2 from Cats; total failure and avoid the same pitfall.

Disney wasn't behind cats though right? I feel like they would have never let that movie out. I wonder if they did any pre-screening at all surely most people didn't enjoy it. I genuinely tried to give it a chance I just couldn't finish it.

Yeah it wasn't Disney.

Read this tweet:

Disney will adapt the 1970 animated classic into a live-action film, which is currently in early development with Will Gluck (Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway) and Keith Bunin (Onward) set to write the script. Gluck will produce under his Olive Bridge Entertainment banner.

It was also reported that the film would have a similar live-action style to Lady and the Tramp, which premiered on Disney+ in 2019. However, as The Aristocats is in its earliest stages, very little is known about the film at the time of writing, including if it will premiere theatrically or on Disney+.

I think I remember this? One of those classics you don't remember lol.

Come to think of it... I don't think I've ever seen Disney Aristocats. I remember the trailer from the numerous times I watched The Lion King on vhs.

Back