Do actors influence your choices?

lb

愛してるザラ
Full GL Member
Credits
When you choose what movies to watch, do you ever base your decision on the actors that star in them? For example, would you watch a movie that seems to have a mediocre plotline, or has received a lot of negative criticism, just because your favorite actor stars in it?

Not really, I watch the movie more for the idea than the actor.

I really don't care for actors. As long as in the movie they are able to act the part well. I'm more looking for plot, genre, and reviews rather than actors for sure.

I have to say that it has happened to me once. Jennifer Lawrence got me interested in the Hunger Games series. I saw her in X-Men and then looked up her filmography online and when I saw that she was gonna star in the (upcoming at that time) Hunger Games movies, I decided to buy and read the books in advance.

I really don't care for actors. As long as in the movie they are able to act the part well. I'm more looking for plot, genre, and reviews rather than actors for sure.
I'm definitely like you, I'm a big movie creek where I go out to the cinema, even though I haven't been in three months. It's not about who is acting it it's if they can play the plots and the storyline is good. I seen rubbish crap movie's with well known actors. Will Smith (great actor) played in I Am Legend, crap story

I've never not watched something because of an actor, however I have given films a chance that I wouldn't usually watch because of an actor I like.

I don't really mind the actors whenever watching a movie. It's the plot that I am into watching. I don't know, but a good thing on Hollywood actors is that they give justice to the characters they are given to (or so?).

This was my first method to choosing what type of movie that I wanted to watch, but when I started seeing all of the same actors that I liked in movies, I chose to not do it anymore because the actors always put on the same performance even though it's a different movie. That made the rest of their movies boring.

So I started just looking at trailers, and if the story line, or the trailer was appealing, then I would go see the movie. I still use that method to day. Well I can say I changed it up a little, I won't go see a movie if there is an actor that I don't like in it.

When you choose what movies to watch, do you ever base your decision on the actors that star in them? For example, would you watch a movie that seems to have a mediocre plotline, or has received a lot of negative criticism, just because your favorite actor stars in it?
I think certain actors can sway me to watch a movie I was on the fence about. If I know the actor has a reputation for doing good stuff I might give it ago. Like right now anything Robert Downey Jr I'll watch. Anything Bruce Willis I have to think about.

I made a mistake once of watching a movie because Nicolas Cage was in it and I do enjoy watching Nicolas Cage and it was the worst two hours of my life because the movie was the worst I had ever seen Nicolas Cage in.

I now don't tend to watch something just because my favourite actor is in it but more go for reviews and the plot line to make a decision.

Back