Do Stereos and Electric Guitar have an unfair reputation of being loud and annoying?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Yes, I feel some people unfairly categorize boombox stereos, and electric guitar as loud and annoying because they see a larger speaker, and stereos and electric guitars usually have a very manly design. Movies also usually like to film boombox stereo, and electric guitar users turning up the volume to the highest sound level because it makes the movie scene more enjoyable, so some people might think all people who own boombox stereos and electrical guitars as loud rock fans, or rap fans who sometimes use a boombox stereo to play their music.

But, stereos, and electric guitars have volume controls to make them less loud, so they are less likely to annoy people. The owner of the stereo, or electric guitar can also always use headphones, or plug in a pair of smaller less powerful quieter speakers or amp to make the sound less loud.

Sometimes, it is more loud when people sing, or play a flute, regular acoustic guitar, piano, drum or whistle where it can be more difficult or not possible to easily control the volume.

Can't say I've personally listened to one in person, so can't say.

Can't say I've personally listened to one in person, so can't say.

I thought most people listened to a stereos (which are also called boomboxes by young people who talk in slang and use slang words like dope, and bomb to describe something which is great) in person since portable stereos were very popular when people still mostly bought audio music CDs, and listened to AM/FM radio.

I think a lot of dedicated music equipment fans still use stereos since using a stereo with large speakers, and sub woofer speakers is still one of the best ways to listen to music from CDs, records, and computer files like FLAC or MP3 files.

I would say so but there is a volume control on both stereos and electric guitars so they don't have to be loud or 'annoying'
People just need to use it properly.

I once watch a news story where a guy who live in an apartment had an electric drum set, and the neighbor had anger problems. The angry neighbor always bother him even when he was not playing the electric drums, and the guy was walking around in his apartment.

He also played the drums very quietly by turning down the volume, and during the day where the noise gets covered by noise from outside like car noises, and talking and TV.

Sometimes, people unfairly stereotype/categorize people who like using stereos, electric instruments like electric drums, and guitar as loud and annoying because of stereotypes in movies, TV shows, and comics which show a younger guy with a loud stereo, or playing a guitar on full volume in the front yard.

A lot of things like a hand saw, water hose, blender, and blow dryer can be more loud because there are no volume controls on them, or an easy and cheap way of covering up the noise.

I once watch a news story where a guy who live in an apartment had an electric drum set, and the neighbor had anger problems. The angry neighbor always bother him even when he was not playing the electric drums, and the guy was walking around in his apartment.

He also played the drums very quietly by turning down the volume, and during the day where the noise gets covered by noise from outside like car noises, and talking and TV.

Sometimes, people unfairly stereotype/categorize people who like using stereos, electric instruments like electric drums, and guitar as loud and annoying because of stereotypes in movies, TV shows, and comics which show a younger guy with a loud stereo, or playing a guitar on full volume in the front yard.

A lot of things like a hand saw, water hose, blender, and blow dryer can be more loud because there are no volume controls on them, or an easy and cheap way of covering up the noise.

That sucks for the drummer. He can even use headphones on electric drumsets but the neighbor could still probably hear it. Some people just like to complain about anything.

That sucks for the drummer. He can even use headphones on electric drumsets but the neighbor could still probably hear it. Some people just like to complain about anything.

The neighbor also complained about the guy sounds from chopping vegetables and their TV's sound on low volume levels. But, the neighbor also listen to the stereo more loudly probably to bother them.

I think his neighbor like to bully people around for making any noticeable noise because other form of bullying like rude name calling, stalking, and starting fights would get them kicked out of the apartment, or a serious warning or arrest by the police if things get out of hand.

There are some immature people who never stop bullying even after graduating high school, or start bullying after graduating high school because of more freedom because there isn't a principal or teacher to stop bullying, and calling the police is a hassle or un-effective at solving small issues like noisy neighbors.

Guy Documents His Infuriating Text Exchanges With The Neighbors From Hell

"The very next morning, I receive the text above. I was chopping onions for a vegetable stew I was making for dinner later that night, and apparently it was too much. I do a fair bit of cooking (check the username), so I'm not flailing wildly with a knife."

"This specific example was when I was at work. My girlfriend was at home watching TV when I got this text. She later sent me a video of how loud it was, and I could barely make out dialogue on the TV.

Meanwhile, we could hear their stereo most days and nights without cease."

Read more

A news video about the neighbor which hate noises which are not created by them.

Last edited:
Back