Do we even care anymore?

The toxicity which goes on different social media sites is freaking crazy. You hardly find the so called Gen z with any atom of respect or regard for anything.
They are growing up with their parents losing respect.
I do what makes me happy and I don't care what other people have to say or think unless it is my wife. Because I am almost 50 years old and I am going to live the rest of my life being happy and not wishing I would have done something different.
I'm almost 50 too :) I also care what my husband thinks.
As much as I try not to be affected by other's perceptions, I do find that I still choose to not do certain things because I worry about what others think.

I have gotten better at not caring but I know I still care somewhat about what others think and I do need to get into the mindset that if I am happy with my life and what I am doing is making me happy and helping me provide for my family, then it shouldn't matter what others think.
I think we can still CARE to a degree, but it doesn't have to sway us nor have us dwell on it.
I stopped caring about what people thought of what I did or said. The only ones that really matter when it comes to that are family, really close friends and whoever Im dating at the time.
Friends can come & go but family & TRUE friends will stay. :)

They are growing up with their parents losing respect.

I'm almost 50 too :) I also care what my husband thinks.
Some parents fail at their job as a parent woefully. It's why those who opt to have no kids have my respect. When they know child upbringing isn't what they can cope with, it's better they stay away from it.

Back