Do you believe in the Paranormal?

never seen a ghost, though my nephew may have once while he was here.

I've never seen a ghost but I think we all see signs that we simply overlook and try to explain rationally.
Its also practical to blame them for my lack of organisation in my room, although sometimes I believe it was THEM. Ever used something, put it down for a minute then not finding it at all when you need it again no matter how much you look.

I have one story that I posted, which could very well be paranormal, but being an Atheist, I don't really believe in that kind of stuff. Aliens, sure, ghosts, no.

I have one story that I posted, which could very well be paranormal, but being an Atheist, I don't really believe in that kind of stuff. Aliens, sure, ghosts, no.

even being Atheist shouldn't mean you out right don't believe in ghosts. If there was such a thing as ghosts it be the human soul bound to a powerful emotion that keeps it from passing on. Nothing to do with gods or devils.

For me it's not case of do I believe or not.

I have not experienced anything ghostly, or paranormal, therefore to me it doesn't exist until I witness it personally.

As for the aliens, that is something no-one can claim don't exist.

No one can claim ghost don't exist either :p

I'm also an Atheist but I still believe in the possibility that souls exist, and that they leave our body after we die, or that part of the soul can stay around.

A soul is related to the after life, which is why I don't believe in it. So ghosts can't be real according to my beliefs.

I'm not saying ghosts don't exist fullstop, I'm saying for me they don't exist because i've never experienced them.

Saying ghosts don't exist and saying aliens don't exist are completely different things. Ghosts are based on paranormal and aliens are based on life.

I'm not saying ghosts don't exist fullstop, I'm saying for me they don't exist because i've never experienced them.

Saying ghosts don't exist and saying aliens don't exist are completely different things. Ghosts are based on paranormal and aliens are based on life.
Agreed, but it's hard to prove or disprove aliens. Secretive motherlovers...

1. You take all the pictures, soundclips, and videos of ghosts & aliens(do some addition)
2. Add how many that have been CLEAR image, soundclips, and videos released
3. Take note of the increase of technology on image, sound, and video capture devices

Mathematically the longer the world exists, the less likely they exist considering despite advanced technology there has never been a clear image, video, or soundclip in the world EVER.

:)
I say its just made up.

1. You take all the pictures, soundclips, and videos of ghosts & aliens(do some addition)
2. Add how many that have been CLEAR image, soundclips, and videos released
3. Take note of the increase of technology on image, sound, and video capture devices

Mathematically the longer the world exists, the less likely they exist considering despite advanced technology there has never been a clear image, video, or soundclip in the world EVER.

:)
I say its just made up.

The fact that these videos and sound clips are fake doesn't prove that ghosts don't exist :p

Are you just talking about ghosts, or aliens too?
Both.
I'm not talking about religion though. I'm talking about ghost.

The fact that these videos and sound clips are fake doesn't prove that ghosts don't exist
The "you cannot disprove it so you never know" argument is a horrible one. :blink:

When something cannot be disproved such as "cats cannot fly" & anything else what you have to do is outweigh evidence. If there is a ridiculous amount of evidence against it decreases the odds of it likely being true.
Ghosts & aliens is extremely unlikely considering that there is actually not even one bit of evidence for it. The only thing pro for the argument is the theory(idea) that they exist.

How can you say aliens are extremely unlikely.

If we exist on 1 planet in the universe why do you believe that other life forms don't exist on other planets in the universe? If humans exist, animals exist and insects exist, why shouldn't something else exist?

Ghosts on the other hand is different. I think a lot of it is in people's heads, seeing and hearing what they want to see and hear.

The "you cannot disprove it so you never know" argument is a horrible one. :blink:

When something cannot be disproved such as "cats cannot fly" & anything else what you have to do is outweigh evidence. If there is a ridiculous amount of evidence against it decreases the odds of it likely being true.
Ghosts & aliens is extremely unlikely considering that there is actually not even one bit of evidence for it. The only thing pro for the argument is the theory(idea) that they exist.

Firstly I didn't say that the fact that you can't disprove them means that they exist. My point was that was that you can't use fake videos as proof that they don't.

Secondly I'd like to know what your ridiculous amount of evidence that ghosts and aliens don't exist are.

Lastly, saying that something doesn't exist because current science cannot prove it is just as wrong. Science constantly evolves with new discoveries.

If we exist on 1 planet in the universe why do you believe that other life forms don't exist on other planets in the universe? If humans exist, animals exist and insects exist, why shouldn't something else exist?
Well, in order for everything to exist here is due to the fact that the placement of this planet is precisely perfect for life form conditions. It's a bacteria thing. There needs to be a cool temperature balance. Earth happens to have that, unlike the other planets which do not. Of course I'm talking about life as we know it, not like a robot like creature that does not require living tissue and what not.
My point was that was that you can't use fake videos as proof that they don't.
Secondly I'd like to know what your ridiculous amount of evidence that ghosts and aliens don't exist are.
It's not the fake videos that offer evidence against it alone. The main part is where I mentioned that there is over 100,000pics, videos, and soundclips of aliens & ghosts and NOT ONE OF THEM is a clear camera. It's like all people who've captured something paranormal is stuck in the 1940's. This is a trend. When you have a trend like this going on it brings evidence against it. Statistically there should be a lot more clear images. Mathematically the odds of all pics being blurry is extremely unlikely.
With that being said paranormal evidence being proved to be fake in mass numbers is really not helping either.

Lastly, saying that something doesn't exist because current science cannot prove it is just as wrong. Science constantly evolves with new discoveries.
This is one of the problems with Scientology. A lot of people big into science say that science is the "Only religion/belief that is allowed to be wrong because it evolves". So what they do is they believe in what they want knowing that if they are wrong its ok because science is never wrong.
The problem with this is that means to these people the truth is relative which is incorrect. The truth is correct.

I got offtrack.

Anyway, right now aliens existing & ghosts is currently at a major loss as far as evidence goes because there is absolutely nothing that shows evidence for it. There is little evidence to disprove it either other than what I mentioned.

Earth is perfect in our galaxy, there are an ifinite number of them.

And science is not always right.

Back