Do you find it time consuming and difficult sometimes running a website by yourself like doing promo

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I find making websites kind of time consuming and hard when I was starting out, but now it became easier because I made a few already.

I spend a lot of time writing articles, and designing the look and feel of the webpage.

Installing a CMS like Joomla usually takes half an hour for me, but modifying the templates and the modules, pictures, setings can take a few hours to a day to complete.

Submiting my site to search engines is pretty quick since I only submit to a few or use one of those free submission sites.

Promoting a website is usually hardest for me since I have to convince people that my site is good. I usually post on a few forums, blogs, and tell people about it.

Using SEO strategies and building content is a long term project. Therefore it takes a while for search engines to fully index your website and shown in the search results for surfers to find, providing all the needed meta tags are in place.

it takes time to do anything, and since the GF website is the second website I built I say it takes time building these things.

Content Management Systems save me a lot of time on making new websites since I no longer have to design a template, or code the menu bars and articles with PHP and HTML code.

Though, Frontpage and Dreamweaver also work, but they are not free for use.

CMS allow me to focus more on making quality content then coding a quality website backend and front end.

Joomla, Drupal, and Wordpress saved me a ton of time, but I have to remember to backup my database files and website files on a regular basis just in case someone tries to hack my sites and ruin all my hard work.

I read somewhere making quality content is what counts most and a lot of websites don't spend much time on meta tags. It is more important to have the keywords in the content of your articles and title.

For example, if you write a article on anime, you might want to have keywords like manga, jpop, pop culture, japanese animation, sailor moon, bleach in your article.

Plus, if your article is poorly written your visitors will not spend much time on your site.

Yes! very time consuming, but very worht it when the turn around pays off. I just registered with Google Analytics, which shows details on where your traffic is coming from. And, what's cool, is 70% of my guests come from Google searching, and finding the forum.

Our forum is on the first page of Google , when typing in Brawl Forum. It took a year building that anchor text, and we show on the first page, with all the much bigger brawl forums.

Back