Do you hate it when people you hate use your things?

Claraviolet

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Unlock full profile styling
I hate it ...I want to chop their hands off...to be honest.

They shouldn't touch others things at all in the first place!

Yes, I hate it when someone like a bully I hate uses my things. I feel they may break my things because they probably hate me as well, so they are more likely to break my things to seek revenge.

I have people at work who constantly ask me for a pen because they know I have one. I use to carry 2 or 3 pens around with me and I've gotten to a point where I'll only carry one pen on me at a time. That way, when someone asks me for a pen, I can say that I have only one pen, which I am using at the moment or I have to have it. Most of the people I work with, if not all of them, have been there long enough that they know that they need a pen but for some reason they won't try to find a pen before the start of their shift or at the beginning of their shift. They wait till they are in need of a pen and they don't have one to ask me for one. And I spend my own money on my own pens to bring to work with me so that I'll always have a pen.

For me this depends on:
- what people are looking to use.
- who is looking to use it.
- how they go about it. (Are they demanding it? If so, screw off the answer is no. Are they trying to subtly hint at it? Are they asking politely? Did they get someone else to ask me?)

For example I do not let people use my gaming laptop. Full stop. I've seen too many people be abusive towards their own laptops to ever let them touch mine. Like someone I know absolutely pounds on keys, they mash them as fast/hard as they can so inevitably they break. Most of their laptops end up missing keys as a result. (This same person I would not lend any of my electronics to simply because I don't trust them to treat them properly. And they have asked to use stuff before, like my camera. )

I have let people use my cellphone to make a phone call, but I have to know in advance who they are calling and why they are calling. I'm not going to hand my phone over for any long distance calls either. They also have to understand they aren't getting any privacy during the call. I'm not handing my phone over and walking away. That said there are a few people who I would hand over my phone and not care. Mostly because I could trust them with virtually anything.

I have loaned people my vehicles too. But, like everything else, I have to trust them quite a bit in order to do this. Like if I know they're a leadfoot and love blowing stop signs? Forget it.

Now when it comes to my firearms? Yeah, I love sharing them. Come to the range with me. Shoot my guns. You'll have a great time. The difference here though is that I know my guns can take the abuse. They're designed to be extremely sturdy. In fact with one person who goes to the range with me fairly often I actually had to tell them to be rougher with the gun... (They were putting almost no force into racking the shotgun, and while it would rack... sometimes without the extra force it wouldn't grab the spent shell and pull it out.)
That said though I'm still going to be there. I'm not just handing the gun over and leaving.
Though with the guns I do expect that because ammo isn't cheap for people to contribute to purchasing some. I'll supply some ammo, but if you want to shoot more? Best bring some money.

Well, I don't like some people using my stuff.
It doesn't matter how they are caring for them, but I am quite protective and possessive of the stuff I use.

Well, I don't like some people using my stuff.
It doesn't matter how they are caring for them, but I am quite protective and possessive of the stuff I use.

I agree I don't like some people like criminals using my stuff no matter how they care for my things. I feel criminals should be in jail as punishment for choosing to harm people, being cruel to animals, and breaking other laws which were made to protect people, and animals.

Yeah, I'm careful about what I give out as well. There are some people that want to borrow anything and everything. They'll borrow a set of false teeth if you've got them. I've gotten to where I won't loan stuff out to certain people anymore because I wouldn't get the item back or the item would come back destroyed to the point that I can't use it anymore. In either case they wouldn't pay for the item that they basically stole or destroyed.

Generally, I don't even want to talk to people who I hate and what about giving them my things... If they try to get something by force I would just punch them in the face.

If someone like a racist person I hate use my stuff, I will take my stuff back as soon as possible from them because I feel they will steal my stuff, and break my stuff to make me mad, and convince me to start a fight with them for stealing and breaking my stuff. I'm also worried they secretly put a hidden microphone, and camera in my stuff, or install spyware on my electronic devices like a computer or smartphone to spy on me without my petmission.

Back