Do you have more than one router and modem?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Yes, I have an old Wired-only D-link router, 802.11G Wireless Trendnet Router, 802.11N Wireless Medialink router, Motorolla Cable modem, Actiontec T1200H Modem/Dual-band 802.11 N Router combo devices, and a few dial-up modems which are installed in older desktops and laptops, and I may still have an external dial-up modem.

I currently only use the Actiontec T1200H modem/ 802.11N wireless router which my internet service provider is providing to me for free to use when I subscribe to internet service.

Modems, and routers don't take up much space, so I keep them around just incase something breaks, and I need to use an old router for wifi and wired networking.

I should get a modem for my room, so I can directly plug my PlayStation into a cable internet instead of wifi (suppose to be better for gaming), not really sure if I can just get my own modem or have to get one through ISP for the cable broadband connection.

I should get a modem for my room, so I can directly plug my PlayStation into a cable internet instead of wifi (suppose to be better for gaming), not really sure if I can just get my own modem or have to get one through ISP for the cable broadband connection.

Could you move your cable modem to your room, and use wireless router and wifi adapters on your devices to connect your computers and laptops to devices which are farther away from your cable modem, and router?

Could you move your cable modem to your room, and use wireless router and wifi adapters on your devices to connect your computers and laptops to devices which are farther away from your cable modem, and router?

Moving it isn't an option sadly, which is why I rely on wifi for my laptop, game systems and handheld devices (Which are all in the same room).

No, I do not, unless you count my cellphone as a Wi-Fi hotspot. I do use my cellphone for tethering its 3G connection to my laptop to access some sites when there's a power outage or something...

I think most cell phones, and some tablets and smartwatches these days have wireless data modems for 2G, 3G, and 4G data connections, so most people own more than one modem without realizing they own one in their mobile devices.

Back