froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
No, I don't. I find it to be kind of slow compared to the old one. It is also hard to use. I liked the old Youtube layout better.

I don't see any new layout.

It must be just for Internet Explorer and Browser based on IE like Avant Browser.

2ng6ixj.jpg

heh, and the IE browser keeps on failing. But anyways no, that layout is not shown on firefox or chrome.

I bet it is part of Google and Youtube plan to make people switch to Chrome or alternative browsers by pushing a crappy layout on all IE users. I notice it also makes videos laggy in IE and pause suddenly. Plus, it is does not have the 1 to 5 star feature, and it seems to be slower at adding to fav. and the controls for sharing to twitter and facebook are laggy.

I'm thankful Google Chrome, Firefox, and Opera is not using the new YT layout on my PC.

I think they are just testing it on certain users or locations since this guy have Firefox, and he is using the new layout.

It's nice, but it rarely slows down the loading of the videos. It was a Beta release a few months ago, but it can use a few improvements.

I don't like the tumbs up or thumbs down feature since it does not tell the user how good the video is unless you do the math and figure out the percentage of people who gave it a thumbs up or down.

They seem to fix the slow down issues for Avant Browser and IE.

I don't like how they moved the video description, more user videos section subscribe and favourite buttons.

It seems the layout requires more mouse clicking and moving.

It seems Youtube is turning into Google search engine. Simple to use, and full of ads but lacks a community or randomness Youtube had.

Do you guys notice YT videos now takes an extra 5 seconds or more get started.

I notice I also can't get rid of videos from my subscription list which I don't want to watch by pressing the (X) button on the top righr of my subscription list on YT front page. I have to watch them for a second and hit the back button on my browser to get rid of them. It is annoying since some of my subscriptions make 5 videos a day about non-interesting stuff.

I also notice videos I watched by my subscriptions tend to pop up again after a few days which makes my subscription video section full of videos I watched already.

I hate it. It's harder to navigate through, but my videos are running nicer in HD quality.

I notice the subscription module and recommended video section when I log into youtube is gone. YT changed it to a feed like FB wall which I don't really like since it requires me to look at my feed which is confusing since everything is vertical instead of horizontal.

Back