Do you mark you books?

Altair

Staff member
Full GL Member
Credits
Book marking is the practice of making notes or annotations in a book by circling or highlighting words, writing in the margins, or sticking notes to the pages. Marking a book can be used as a personal reference, a way to review and remember what you've read, and a way to help you study and think critically about what you've read. It is also a way to express yourself and a chance to think about what the text means and how it affects you.
So, do you mark your books?

Because I use eBooks I have a bookmark on them and might take notes if I want to remember certain things I find value in. But for a physical book, marking things just makes for messy reading that would make you think there's something wrong with you unless you were a professor grading someone's work.

I don't do this. There are times I will re-sell a book back to the bookstore so I don't do this just in case.

I only do it for a book I know I will keep for myself. What I do instead is have a piece of paper & write down the page number, which paragraph, & a small description. Then I’m like WitchAssassin WitchAssassin but instead of re-selling it to the bookstore, I re-sell it either online or at our garage sale.

I have a habit of finding whatever I have in my possession at the time and using it as a bookmark. For example, I currently have the floor plan for a place I work at, folded up neatly to keep my place in a book.

Back