Do you think a Battery with a long battery life is important for mobile & laptop gamers?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Yes, it is important to have a battery with a long battery capacity/life if you plan on using a smartphone, tablet or laptop for gaming for many hours.

But, I think having a battery which can hold a lot of power is not as important if you own a powerbank which can charge your device with the battery in the powerbank, or you usually play games at home, school, library, cafe, and work where it is easier to find a power outlet to charge your smartphone, and laptop with its charger.

I find that one of the worst things about laptops/phones/tablets/etc. for gaming is the battery life. It can drain pretty quickly. If yo have a powerbank or an outlet, that is always helpful.

I don't see how a short battery life could be of use to anyone.

I don't see how a short battery life could be of use to anyone.

I agree, a short battery life is not useful for most people.

The main types of people who will use a battery with a short battery life are poor and cheap people who don't plan to spend more money on a better phone, tablet, or laptop with a better battery life.

There are a lot of people who buy cheap tablets, and laptops like the Amazon Kindle Fire $50 tablet, and HP Stream 11 laptop which don't have very long battery life, but are good enough for gaming for 1-2 hours of light gaming depending on how battery intensive the games are.

Some people always have their laptop, and tablet connected to their charger which is plug into a power outlet on their wall. A small battery could be enough for their needs because they just need enough battery time to save their work, or game save, and shutdown their tablet, or laptop during a random power outage.

There are also some people with those external battery powerbanks which let them extend the battery life of their phone or laptop without the need for a wall power chargers, so people with a external battery powerbank maybe more willing to use a device with poor battery life.

Back