Do you think Cable TV boxes, and TV tuner boxes will be as popular in the future?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think there is a chance that more people may use a Cable TV App or website on their Smart TV, Tablet/Smartphone, Desktop PC, and smart PC monitor to watch TV with an App or Website instead of using a Cable TV box or TV tuner.

More people are also only subscribing to Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, and other paid and free online video sites for watching TV.

I do believe they will die out, hard to say how Tivo's boxes will last. I'm using two of Tivo's boxes now, I don't know if I will buy new if they die out.

I do believe they will die out, hard to say how Tivo's boxes will last. I'm using two of Tivo's boxes now, I don't know if I will buy new if they die out.

I feel Smart TV will come with a cable box built-in, or people can install an app on a Smart TV which turns a smart tv into a cable box, and people can attach a USB drive for recording shows onto a USB hard drive.

Probably not.
Many people are interested in movies and amazon prime and such.
If everything would get streamed in the future....no one would go for any subscriptions with the local providers.

Probably not.
Many people are interested in movies and amazon prime and such.
If everything would get streamed in the future....no one would go for any subscriptions with the local providers.

A lot of foreign Japanese and Korean anime, drama and movies fan mostly use the internet to stream their favorite shows because local tv does not have many shows they want to see. Some fans also buy foreign DVD and Bluray shows because the show may not be available on the internet.

I think people in Japan buy cell phones with TV tuner cards. I guest if they own a Google Chromecast they can stream their cell phone tv signal to Chromecast which is hook up to a TV or LCD monitor.

Back