Do you think cheap laptop/Chromebooks be more popular if it come with 3GB of RAM instead of 2GB RAM?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I feel there would be fewer people being as unhappy with their very cheap laptop if it came with 3GB of RAM instead of 2GB of RAM which is still a popular amount of RAM for laptops which are under $200 USD. More people maybe willing to buy a slightly more expensive Chromebook and cheap laptop with 3GB of RAM instead of 2GB.

But, a lot of people may not be willing to pay the extra few dollars for 3GB of RAM instead of 2GB of RAM.

Is this what you think about when you’re on the toilet?

I sometimes think about store bought computers and what hardware specs like RAM, video card, and CPU which they come with when I am in the washroom.

Hmm...I don't think so.
There are laptops with offer greater RAM and they are not all that popular and people always like to get more and more processing power. As 3 GB is not highest RAM capacity available in the market, I don't see how it can be very popular.

It wouldn't hurt, but they should really bump it up to 6 GB.

Hmm...I don't think so.
There are laptops with offer greater RAM and they are not all that popular and people always like to get more and more processing power. As 3 GB is not highest RAM capacity available in the market, I don't see how it can be very popular.

I notice that there are not many very popular Windows laptops, and people seem to get a laptop which they can afford, looks good to them, and have the features like long battery life, many USB ports which they need, and good user reviews. A lot of the times, Windows laptop users end up getting different brands and models of laptops because every laptop has different features, prices, and user reviews which may attract different types of users like office workers, students, gamers, etc.

It wouldn't hurt, but they should really bump it up to 6 GB.

3GB of RAM is sometimes enough RAM to run Windows 7 32Bit and Chrome OS at a usable speed if you just plan on using the laptop for browsing the web, playing video, and older games.

I agree 6GB will be better.

I think some laptop companies maybe able to use 8GB, and keep the cheap laptop price at a more affordable price like $300 if the laptop maker use cheaper parts like a smaller 10 inch screen, 64GB storage drive, and offer fewer USB ports.

I notice that there are not many very popular Windows laptops, and people seem to get a laptop which they can afford, looks good to them, and have the features like long battery life, many USB ports which they need, and good user reviews. A lot of the times, Windows laptop users end up getting different brands and models of laptops because every laptop has different features, prices, and user reviews which may attract different types of users like office workers, students, gamers, etc.

3GB of RAM is sometimes enough RAM to run Windows 7 32Bit and Chrome OS at a usable speed if you just plan on using the laptop for browsing the web, playing video, and older games.

I agree 6GB will be better.

I think some laptop companies maybe able to use 8GB, and keep the cheap laptop price at a more affordable price like $300 if the laptop maker use cheaper parts like a smaller 10 inch screen, 64GB storage drive, and offer fewer USB ports.

If I were to get a laptop, I go for the processing power and then harddisk storage and then backlit keyboard and then the price.
That is how I choose a laptop and not just looks and ports.

If I were to get a laptop, I go for the processing power and then harddisk storage and then backlit keyboard and then the price.
That is how I choose a laptop and not just looks and ports.

I also pick a laptop with good processing power, and hard disk space. A laptop with backlit keyboard is less important because I mostly have a lamp on in my room.

I feel ports can come in handy if you own a lot of devices like printers, scanners, usb drives, smartphones, tablets, etc.

I also pick a laptop with good processing power, and hard disk space. A laptop with backlit keyboard is less important because I mostly have a lamp on in my room.

I feel ports can come in handy if you own a lot of devices like printers, scanners, usb drives, smartphones, tablets, etc.
I do have printer-scanner device, pendrives, and other devices....but all of them can be connected using a USB port.
So, I don't usually go for laptops which can support other devices to be honest.

I do have printer-scanner device, pendrives, and other devices....but all of them can be connected using a USB port.
So, I don't usually go for laptops which can support other devices to be honest.

I think a wired networking Ethernet port can also be useful as well because you never know when your Wi-fi does not work. A headphone 3.5mm port is useful since those USB headphones and soundcards with a 3.5mm headphone port can be kind of expensive.

I think a wired networking Ethernet port can also be useful as well because you never know when your Wi-fi does not work. A headphone 3.5mm port is useful since those USB headphones and soundcards with a 3.5mm headphone port can be kind of expensive.
Hmm.... Guess so.
I don't use my laptop a lot for listening to music and such.... So I didn't consider those ports till now.

Hmm.... Guess so.
I don't use my laptop a lot for listening to music and such.... So I didn't consider those ports till now.

A lot of laptops also use the headphone jack for plugging in a 3.5mm microphone, so the 3.5mm jack is useful if your laptop does not come with a mic for recording sound, or your mic built-into your laptop is broken. Built-in mics on laptops sometimes dont record sound at a good quality compared to a 3.5mm mic which sounds better.

I don't think 3GB RAM is a good number. Not for these days.

I agree 3GB of RAM is not good these days. But, 3GB is better than 2GB on a cheaper $100 to 200 PC which barely meets the minimum system RAM requirements for Windows 10 64bit. The extra 1GB of RAM on a 3GB RAM PC may make it possible for a Windows 10 64bit PC to run some games like League of Legends at a playable speed.

I use a PC with 3GB of RAM with Windows 10 32bit. The 3GB RAM Desktop PC with an older Intel Dual-Core Core2Dou 1.9GHz CPU has performance which is good for web browsing, playing some games, and office work.

Back