Do you think computer files are good for evidence in convicting criminals?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I'm not sure since people can easily make fake photoshop pictures of people commiting crimes to frame someone.

But, if the digital file is from a digicam or camcorder then it be good evidence for convicting people.
Since it is rather difficult to edit images to frame people on a digicam since no digicam I know of have photoshop on it.

If its some huge mobster crime or something, digicam is still might not be great evidence. Though fictional, if anybody watched Prison Break S1, they'll know what I'm talking about.
Though, digicam is a lot more reliable than computer files, as they are a lot harder to edit.

QUOTE (Frelli @ March 15, 2009 03:05 pm) If its some huge mobster crime or something, digicam is still might not be great evidence. Though fictional, if anybody watched Prison Break S1, they'll know what I'm talking about.
Though, digicam is a lot more reliable than computer files, as they are a lot harder to edit.
I agree, but If it was from an I-phone or one of those smart phone cameras with windows mobile on it then the evidence can be tampered with since there might be a program for those phones to do miner photo editing since the i-phone is almost like a mini laptop.

Depends on the crime a person has committed, whether it's Internet related, related to fraud or whether they used a computer to make contacts with others involved, or used to store illegal or pirating content, or something like that.

I know that special agents used special recovery software to scan a computer for files or software related to a case, even hidden ones.

Back