Do you think if Youtube requires new users to upload a video or fill out information on their profil

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think if Youtube requires someone to post up a video, complete their Youtube profile information like the "about me, fav books, and movies section", upload a profile photo, or complete a tasks before they can comment or PM people there might be fewer trolls and spammers which post on people's videos and channels.

I notice almost all of the troll and spam comments I get on my channel come from Youtube members who have an empty Youtube profile with no info about themselves, or just an avatar picture uploaded to YT.

It is also very rare that a troll or spammer uploaded any videos in my experience.

If youtube requires people to post up a video, or at least, fill out their profile info then I feel many trolls, flamers, spammers, and scammers will no bother being an member of YT like how spammers on forums tend to give up spamming when they have to post 5 replies or topics before they can post website links.

Even if Youtube forces users to complete a set of measures to "expose themselves" then it wouldn't change the outcome, plus it would inconvenience some users who would rather watch and rate videos than taking full advantage of the community. Trolls, spammers and such will still do as they please regardless of whether they're lurkers or veterans.

I believe the only thing users can do is mark their comments as spam, and then block them.

I agree, blocking, and marking comments as spam/deleting them if they are on your channel or videos is the best thing to do in many cases.

Plus, never responding to trolls.

This guy also has some pretty good tips on dealing with Trolls.

dude knows his tips, but spirit pretty much summed this up. If I had to upload a video or fill stuff out I pack my bags and take off to another video site.

Back