Do you think more people will buy a used regular watch compared to buying a used smartwatch?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I feel more people maybe more likely to buy a used watch because replacing the battery is not very hard to do since you can usually get those watch coin size battery at many stores like a dollar store. You can pay $5 to $10 to a watch repair shop to install a new watch battery for most battery powered watches. There are also wind-up watches which don't need a battery, so a used wind-up watch may still have many years of use before the spring needs replacing or repair.

Many used watches are also cheaper to buy than most used smartwatches because there are many new watches are $10 to $30, so a used watch may only cost $5 to $20 on websites like eBay and Craigslist.

Some people may buy a used watch as a fashion accessory like a bracelet, or as an antique like how some people buy old typewriters which may not have ink in them, so a used broken watch may still have buyers even if it is broken.

Some people may buy a used watch to use some of the parts like the wrist band, motors, and buttons to repair a similar watch they already own.

I feel not as many people want to buy a used smartwatch because the smartwatch battery needs to be charged everyday or every few days, and replacement batteries are more expensive, and harder for the average user to replace. Smartwatch battery replacement at an electronics stores can be expensive as well. Used smartwatches may also use an outdated version of Android which is no longer supported by Google.

There is also privacy concerns when buying a smartwatches since most smartwatches have microphones, webcams/cameras, web browsers, and connect to the internet, so if the used smartwatch got infected by malware, your data, voice, and video maybe sent to criminals.

Probably.
As for me, that's a big no. I would like to get new items

I prefer new items as well.

I feel if an affordable used watch is a collectible video game, movie or anime themed watch which I wanted, I buy the watch to use to decorate my desk.

I can't wear watches, causes skin issues. Though I would never get a smart watch.

Back