Do you think most libraries will still have Desktop computers for browsing the web at the library?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Yes, I think most libraries in the future will still use Desktop computers as the main way for letting library users browse the internet because a Desktop PC is still the best, and most affordable way to browse the web at a fast speed.

Plus, tablets, laptops, smartphones, and mini computers sometimes get stolen very often from public places like libraries and schools because robbers can more easily steal them compared to a desktop PC where you need to unplug a lot of cables, monitors, mouse, and keyboard before you can steal them.

Last edited:
I first read "liberals" instead of "libraries" and I was kind of confused. :p

Yes, I think that libraries will continue to use computers for a few more years, until technology will come up with holograms and stuff like you see in SF movies.

Much like books, I think PCs will always be in libraries.

I first read "liberals" instead of "libraries" and I was kind of confused. :p

Yes, I think that libraries will continue to use computers for a few more years, until technology will come up with holograms and stuff like you see in SF movies.

I think desktops of the future will still use the current desktop design because desktop keyboard and mouse is still one of the best ways to quickly use a computer for many hours at a time to browse the web while sitting on a chair.

One of the disadvantages of holograms is that they can have a large viewing angle. It can become a privacy concern for users if people who are standing at the front and sides of the hologram, and can see what you are browsing.

At least, with a monitor, you need to stand behind someone, or close beside them to see the monitor's content unless you use a telescope or binoculars to spy on them. There are privacy shields for monitors to make it harder for people to see what is on your monitor when a person is not sitting directly in front of a monitor.

Holograms can be are very bright and shine a lot of light which can disturb readers, staff, and visitors at the library. Holograms are also kind of weird, and can affect a libraries' reading environment if suddenly there are holograms all over the library from a PC. I also find holograms kind of scary especially when the hologram shows a full sized hologram of someone like Micheal Jackson and 2Pac, who is no longer alive.

That's an interesting thought. Hopefully they would still have computers as it's easy to gather all sorts of information when you can't find the same in the library.

Back