Do you think most Office jobs can be done from the comfort of home in a few years because of faster

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
It is possible for most office jobs to be done at home in a few years because of faster internet and people can just e-mail their work files back to the boss when they are done.

But, I think hiring people to work at home can be difficult because some people need someone to motivate/threaten(You're fired if you do not finish your work) to finish their work.

Plus, employees can always make fake excuses for not e-mailing their work in on timelike "my computer broke, my internet got disconnected, my router broke,etc." when everything is actually fine or they can go to the public library or coffee shop with their laptop to use the free Wi-Fi.

Another problem I see is people not backing up their work files on a PC, or having a computer with tons of spyware and viruses which are sending secret documents to a criminal or making their PC very slow which makes it impossible to finish work on time.

I notice that most work at home ads get a bad reputation because there are so many scams out there that say work from home at your own free time, so it might be difficult finding applicants unless you have an actual address or the company is very big.

I would love to do that specially when the weather is not the best to be out in or your not well to go in. But like you said frog it could lead to slacking from work.

It will be difficult to do when you have kids at home because taking care of them is a full time job in and of itself. Not to mention, that you will be tired of having to be by your phone and computer all day. It would start to make your home feel like a prison after a while and then there is the possibility of distraction.

There are a lot more things at home to distract a person than there would be if they were in a neutral environment, such as that of an office. I think that it is that change in environment that would help them differentiate between work, and home, and it would allow them to adjust our mentality accordingly.

It can also be very difficult finding decent and affordable child care in some places.

I think for now working at home is best for jobs like web designer, paid blogger/webmaster, writer, and jobs that don't require a lot of human interaction or have strict deadlines like a telemarketer which constantly have to be on the phone and make a certain amount of sales per day.

My first job was as a telemarketer.. they were huge scammers.. they wanted us to lie to people, and they never paid us while we were training, like it said they would. The people there were as rude as the people we'd have to call, and on the odd occasion, we'd have a few perverts who tried to engage us in phone sex.

I heard a lot of mostly phone based jobs can be pretty bad in certain cases like telemarketer, call center and technical support.

The phone sex part sounds pretty weird.I heard it happens a lot in voice chat like skype and Yahoo voice chat on YIM as well.

My first job was as a telemarketer.. they were huge scammers.. they wanted us to lie to people, and they never paid us while we were training, like it said they would. The people there were as rude as the people we'd have to call, and on the odd occasion, we'd have a few perverts who tried to engage us in phone sex.

the term "There are all sorts of people out there." Is really found on phone jobs BA.

Back