Do you think most PCs and laptops could play 3D games like how almost all Windows 8 PCs now can play

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Yes, I think almost all PC in the future can play 3D games. Most new PC with better integrated video like the Intel HD 4000, Nvidia integrated video and AMD APU can play 3D games at lower, and sometimes medium to high video quality settings.

It depends mostly on their processor and how much RAM they have. The majority of PCs and Laptops only have 2GB of RAM, which isn't enough to play the high quality 3D games. I remember back when I used my laptop for gaming, it had a processor of 2.4Ghz, 2GB of RAM, and a video card of 512MB. This is still the average nowadays and the only good games I could play were S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Fable, Torchlight, and a handful of others. Games like Fallout 3 or Farcry 2 wouldn't run. And that was years ago, the requirements are much higher now.

What was even more annoying though was when the requirements seemed to match, and I installed the game only to realize that I needed shader 3.0 to run them (my integrated card only had shader 2.0).

I agree with mori, Games like these Genres require PCs with a great processor and RAM, otherwise they can crash your PC.

Not many new PCs sold in Canada still use 2GB of RAM unless you are buying a very cheap Linux PC, Chromebook by Google, or other budget price PC.

A typical $500 or more expensive tower PC which most PC shoppers buy, usually has 8GB of RAM or more, Intel Core i3 or better, and Intel HD 4000.

I saw videos online  on YouTube of gamer using the Intel HD 4000 onboard video to play 3D games. The Surface Pro Windows 8 tablet comes with the Intel HD 4000, and the Surface Pro can play some 3D games on low and medium settings.

A good video card can be bought for $200, or less which is not  cheap, but cheaper than a new PC.

Back