Do you think Tablets are good gifts for most people?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Yes, I think tablets can be good gifts for most people because they are easier to use most of the time compared to a PC which sometimes takes many days to weeks to learn how to use the operating system like Windows 10 or Mac OS X.

You can also easily teach them to install apps like Netflix, Hulu, Twitch, games, etc on them since Google Play, and the Apple App Store are not very hard to learn how to use.

Tablets also don't require a monthly cell service subscription like a smartphone, and they can use the tablet on their home wi-fi.

Yeah, especially if the person likes reading or watching movies with a lot of mobility.

depends on the person, my 80 year old grandma wouldn't want to touch one where my mother would love one.

I personally don't. However I have to get one soon. Anyway hard to say. Depending on the appropriate person. My grandparents probably take years to learn how to turn the device on

I think tablets are also good for people who want to video chat with people on Skype, Google Hangouts, and other video chat services because tablets come with a webcam, and mic built-into the tablet.

The size of the tablet also makes it look nicer when wrapped up in wrapping paper.

I think tablets are also good for people who want to video chat with people on Skype, Google Hangouts, and other video chat services because tablets come with a webcam, and mic built-into the tablet.

The size of the tablet also makes it look nicer when wrapped up in wrapping paper.
oh hell yeah, indeed that people want wrapping rapper paper

Well, some people like them, and they do make a convenient gift for people who've already got a decent smartphone and computer.

That depends on the person you are giving the tablet to. You would first have to gauge whether or not the device would be something the intended receiver would find useful or entertaining in some way.

Like marc said, if there are games the person likes to play or the person would like to read books on their tablet, then it would make a great gift.

I know some tablets like the Nvidia Shield tablet lets you stream games from the internet or PC with a better Nvidia video card like the GTX 650 and better, and play them on a controller with the tablet, so they maybe useful for PC gamers with a Nvidia video card.

A lot of devices like color changing lightbulbs, electronics, settop boxes like Chromecast, Roku and some game consoles like the Xbox 360 can be controlled with a tablet to use to surf the web by entering address bar website addresses with the tablet's keyboard instead of using the controller to type stuff out.

Well, I have purchased my tablet and couldn't use my laptop for various reasons...but after that I never used it.
The same goes to many people.
So, I don't think they make very good gifts....

Back