Do you think that everything needs to be remastered?

I think all games should, only just to keep them current and able for future gamers to still play the series.

Until backwards compatibility is always a thing, it is nice to have remastered games so that we are able to play games on one console with better/modified graphics and controls.

Not really. Some games deserve remakes instead of remasters, since they need more content and feature updates to keep them interesting. And a lot of games don't deserve either because well... they're just crap. No one's calling for a Superman 64 HD or Big Rigs HD any time soon...

It would be nice that the good games can be remastered, so people born in the future can still play the games, and allow older adults to continue playing games on their newer computers, and game consoles.

Not really. Some games deserve remakes instead of remasters, since they need more content and feature updates to keep them interesting. And a lot of games don't deserve either because well... they're just crap. No one's calling for a Superman 64 HD or Big Rigs HD any time soon...

SuperMan 64 needs a remake if anything.

I think the only ones worthy of remastering are the games that were a big hit back in the day and whose plot would still prove to be good even in comparison to today's standards. Resident Evil 2, for example, is getting a remake soon. And though this is not exactly a remastered version, I'm thinking that maybe they didn't change much of what made the game amazing in the first place. Games like that deserve a remaster to let the legacy live on to the future generations.

Meh, depends if the game is good and the demand is there. Everyone wants a remaster but that would mean the resources of the devs go there instead of a sequel or better yet, a new title for their company. But hey, it's easier to remaster an old successful game and reap the profits, compared to creating a new game that may or may not end up as a bust. Easier to polish something than to create an entirely new one.

I consider remakes and remastered editions to be really different. I strongly support remakes, because they're capable of bringing out the potential (well, the good ones, at least) of games restricted by their original console's hardware: consequently, a lot of remakes will be completely different from the original games. Want an example? Take Fire Emblem Echoes. This is what the original game, Fire Emblem Gaiden, looked like. This is what its remake looks (same map). And I can assure you everything else has been revolutionized as well.
Remastered, however, are just excuses to pump more money out of existing games. Most times all they do is upscale textures and give some nice touches here and there, and that's it. My opinion on the matter depends on how far apart the original game and its remastered are released.
Grim Fandango Remastered? I'll take it. It was released in 1998 and it could be hard for new gamers to find a way to acquire it legally. The game itself looks...not much different, yeah, but the upgraded graphics are just a plus. Also, last but not least, it wasn't published at full price. I think that's enough reason to justify its existance.
The Last of Us Remastered? Ugh. It was released a single year after the original game's release (2013), and even though I can see why you'd want to port such a successful game to your newest console, why would you propose it again at full price? Unless my memory fails me, they didn't even have any special promotions for those who had already bought the game on PS3. I just can't wrap my head around it, to be fair.

I like remasters for the simple fact that BC doesn't exist on the PS4 or Switch. Gimme those old games in 1080p at 60 FPS. I need to dig back in to my Bioshock collection.

I don't think any games needs remastered. I mean, I might buy a remastered game if it's my only option, but other than that, I think it'd be a better experience to play the original. Mainly because the only games that get remade are good games. If you're going to remake anything, remake bad games and try to make them good.

I don't think any games needs remastered. I mean, I might buy a remastered game if it's my only option, but other than that, I think it'd be a better experience to play the original. Mainly because the only games that get remade are good games. If you're going to remake anything, remake bad games and try to make them good.
That's a great point. But you know the remaster of a game's main demographic are fans of the series who want to play it with better performance and graphics. So if you remaster an old game that flopped or failed, nobody would want it because nobody played it to begin with. It's a shame too, but I think only great games from our childhood have the luxury of having a remaster option.

I think all games should, only just to keep them current and able for future gamers to still play the series.

I wouldn't mind seeing the games that I play remastered. Like you said, as long as they make them for future gamers to be able to play as well.

Back