Do you think the internet is making the world more multicutural or American/Western?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I honestly don't know since I discouvered a lot of great anime online and Asian music and dramas, so a certain % of people become more multicultural because of the internet.

However, the top 10 websites in the world are mostly owned by huge American companies like Google with Western themes and content with western "points of view" in many cases.

1 Google.com www.google.com
2 Yahoo.com www.yahoo.com
3 Youtube.com www.youtube.com
4 Live.com www.live.com
5 Facebook.com www.facebook.com
6 Msn.com www.msn.com
7 Wikipedia.org www.wikipedia.org
8 Blogger.com www.blogger.com
9 Myspace.com www.myspace.com
10 Yahoo.co.jp www.yahoo.co.jp

Source:: http://mostpopularwebsites.net/

I guest in a way popular American websites could influence Asians, Arabs, Africans, and Hispanics to be more American/Western since Popular American websites and companies have a lot of money, time, and man-power to help promote their website and products online better with "paid to click advertising plans, viral video marketing, affiliate marketing and paid link advertising vs. some poor website from a poorer non-western country like Vietnam, or North Korea.

I agree with programs like Skype. It makes it easier for people to stay in touch.

Interesting fact, American Universities, Colleges and the Military which invented the internet as a way to communicate if there was a nuclear war in America and to share knowledge with other colleges.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Internet

More on the Western side. The Internet was furtherly advanced by Westerners (Americans and Europeans) over the years, and not much by the Asians or the Middle Easterners. It's very interesting that others Net users from other parts of the world start to get into the Internet experience, or any other forms of modern communication.

well American/western has a large amount of the pure and in the light part of the internet controlled but undernourished that the Asians rule the rest.

Buy beyond that the internet does help other cultures learn and get into other cultures. For example, a lot of Americans read Japanese manga online.

Back