Do you think there would be fewer Gas Stations in the future?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
It is possible that there maybe less standalone Gas Stations in the future because some of the gas station owners sold the land to another company who uses the land to build a larger building with many floors where the owner of the building can sell each apartment for millions of dollars if the building is located in a city like New York where homes and apartments cost a lot.

I feel working at a gas station is not a good job because of robbery/shop lifting, rude customers, washing dirty toilets inside the station, and the risk of being blown up in a huge gas explosion. If it is a family gas station, a family member may eventually sell the gas station to a buyer who wants to buy the land build a building on, or for other things.

There are more people like old, thrifty, and poor people who are walking, using the local train, taxi and bus services in their town, or biking if they can't afford a car, or don't work at a regular job like a cashier everyday at a store. More people are driving electric cars which can be charged more affordably at home depending on the price of electricity where you live, or for free or a small price per watt of electricity at parking lots with electric charging cables, so the higher number of electrical cars may make fewer companies want to open gas stations because there is less gas buyers in the future.

Electric cars are the future, but I still don't see gas stations to disappear in the near future.
Even when a majority of people will go electric, there'll still be quite some peeps left that would stay with their 70's cars, which therefore still rely on petrol.

I haven't been able to get a drivers license myself, but I can travel all across the continent by train + bus alone (and metro + tram if available), so it's not a really big deal to me unless I need to go to a small village (and I never have to any way).

Electric cars are the future, but I still don't see gas stations to disappear in the near future.
Even when a majority of people will go electric, there'll still be quite some peeps left that would stay with their 70's cars, which therefore still rely on petrol.

I haven't been able to get a drivers license myself, but I can travel all across the continent by train + bus alone (and metro + tram if available), so it's not a really big deal to me unless I need to go to a small village (and I never have to any way).

There are smaller gas trucks which can park in smaller roads, and fill up a car by driving to the owner's car, and using a hose from the gas truck to fill up the car. I read online at Yoshi raises $2.1 million to fill up your car, or wash it, anywhere that there is a company called Yoshi which drives a truck to fill up subscriber's gas car while it is parked. Tow truck companies also fill up gas for people who's car run out of gas, or people who don't have enough gas to make it to the closest gas station which can be many miles away in small town.

I think in places where the price of land, and property taxes are very expensive, gas car owners may use a gas subscription service where gas is filled up from a truck, or other car services like tow trucks can also sell gas as a way to make money to earn extra instead of just towing which may not earn as much money during the night when fewer people are on the road, and going out very late.

I think gas stations will always be around, how much in number is hard to say. Seems like though a new one pops up each day in my area though.

For the record, I do love Casey's gas station for their food/pizza.

I think gas stations will always be around, how much in number is hard to say. Seems like though a new one pops up each day in my area though.

For the record, I do love Casey's gas station for their food/pizza.

More gas stations seem to be shutting down where I live, and an apartment building is built on the land or the station is demolished after the land is sold.

But, there was a time where there was more gas stations, but only a few gas stations are still open. In poorer neighborhoods, there are fewer or no nearby stations.

Gas stations are even more fun over here.
Petrol is really expensive in this country (currently like € 1.65 per litre?, the highest price ever was € 1.85 per litre), so those of us who live near an international border often go across the border just to fill our cars with petrol.
It doesn't mean you always have equal luck, because if you happen to live near Germany, chances are you will still need to drive plenty of KMs further before you get close to a gas station.
More luck if you live near Belgium, because all you need to do is get off the motorway, and there's a gas station before you even realise it.
Both countries are € 0.20 per litre cheaper than over here on average.

Gas stations are even more fun over here.
Petrol is really expensive in this country (currently like € 1.65 per litre?, the highest price ever was € 1.85 per litre), so those of us who live near an international border often go across the border just to fill our cars with petrol.
It doesn't mean you always have equal luck, because if you happen to live near Germany, chances are you will still need to drive plenty of KMs further before you get close to a gas station.
More luck if you live near Belgium, because all you need to do is get off the motorway, and there's a gas station before you even realise it.
Both countries are € 0.20 per litre cheaper than over here on average.

A lot of Canadians go across the US border to fill up the gas in the United States. But, I think you don't end up saving much money because of traffic jams at the border, and car accidents which can make you stuck in traffic for hours until the broken cars are towed away.

Things are different here though.
You simply cross the border, no traffic jams, no car accidents, no broken cars, and no border controls of any kind.

Things are different here though.
You simply cross the border, no traffic jams, no car accidents, no broken cars, and no border controls of any kind.

The US and Canadian border police can make it harder to enter and leave the US according to local news reports I saw on TV now that the US and Canada is more concerned about criminals who are involve in terrorism, illegal drug dealing, and illegal immigrants.

I think as we move closer to green energy you will see less fuel stations, esspecially with the uprise of 'smart' technology.

I think as we move closer to green energy you will see less fuel stations, esspecially with the uprise of 'smart' technology.

I agree as we move closer to green energy being more mainstream where you can charge a electric car yourself at home, or at work at a parking lots and spaces with charging cables there would be less need to pump gas for most people. I think the batteries on some electric cars are easy to remove, so people can remove the dead battery and install a fully charge battery, and install it if charge times are too slow for certain tasks like car racing where they can't wait hours for a battery to charge during pit stops.

Technology like the internet may also reduce the need for as many gas stations because more people are buying stuff online because the prices of products are cheaper, and it is more convenient to buy a big item like a table, and have it delivered to your home.

There are some people who mostly or totally work online where owning a car is not as important for them as someone who works at a store everyday. I think as more people work online, the number of people who need to fill up their gas tanks as much would decrease.

I agree that electric cars are the future but I still don't see gas stations leaving, at least not anytime soon. I think it would take forever before we'll see them go bye-bye.

how long does it take to charge an electric car anyways? If it takes awhile, gas stations will become restaurants :p

I think it takes about a few hours to half a day to charge an electric car. But, It is possible to remove an empty battery, and put a full battery in, so charging time is not as big of a problem if you have two or more charge batteries at home, and you are strong enough to lift up car batteries to install them in a car.

or maybe in future they just replace gas station with electric station,
when we want to visit location in a far distance, an electric station will be our charging zone
and I think they will place some prices based on electricity cost, well i didnt know, a future thing is complex

I don't think it's necessary, more and more regular parking lots these days come with reserved parking slots that only electric cars are allowed to use, and these all come with a charger.
And unless you need to make a many hour long journey, you'll use those while you don't use your car.

I don't think it's necessary, more and more regular parking lots these days come with reserved parking slots that only electric cars are allowed to use, and these all come with a charger.
And unless you need to make a many hour long journey, you'll use those while you don't use your car.
I think the parking lots payment will based on how much your electric cars consumed the electricity

I think the parking lots payment will based on how much your electric cars consumed the electricity

In some cities, the electricity is paid with tax dollars from taxes like property, and sales tax if the parking lot or car charger belongs to the city's government. The city may save more money on future healthcare and hospital costs because fewer people will have breathing and other health problems caused by breathing in gas and smoke from gas cars when there are more electric cars, and fewer gas cars.

Some store parking lots also provide free electricity to shoppers who shop at their store like how restaurants and libraries let you charge your cell phone and laptop with their power plugs as long as you buy a cup of coffee, food, and other products if it is a store or restaurant.

Providing electricity to charge a car, cell phone, or laptop to shoppers is a good way to attract more shoppers to shop at a store. Electricity is sometimes cheaper than providing free food samples, free drink samples, and using paid newspaper, TV, and online advertisements which can be very expensive because ads can cost thousands to millions of dollars per month depending on how many ads you buy, how long your ad is, and the event you advertise a store at like popular sports games ads like NFL football games can cost a lot to buy a few minutes of ads on.

This is a possibility.

I believe there will be fewer gas stations but then again no one knows for sure. Electronic vehicles got their own set of problems.

Most modern gas cars use less gas these days, so drivers don't need to fill up their cars gas tank as much as the past. I think if more people drive small cars which use less gas when the car is moving at an average speed of under 60 miles per hour, a city would not need as many gas stations on every street because cars won't need to fill up their gas tank every few miles like the past when big heavy cars use a lot of gas even when driving at a slow speed. A gallon which is 3.79 Litres of gas can last 40 miles. If you drive a small car less than an hour a day because you live close to your destination like work, a full tank of gas may last 2 month, or many weeks before you need a full fill up.

Small gas cars like the Mitsubishi Mirage now use less gas where drivers can drive 40 miles per gallon/3.79Litres of gas, A small cars with a 10 Gallon gas tank can drive 400 miles or more before you need to fill it up depending on how fast or slow you drive your car.

Hybrid gas and electric cars like the Toyota Prius now use less gas, and allow you to charge the hybrid battery at home to save more gas by using electricity to move the electric motor instead of using the gas engine as often until the battery on the hybrid car has a low charge. Iiink many hybrid car owners don't use the gas station often.

If most people switch to a hybrid car, a city with only a few gas stations may be enough for most hybrid car drivers because some Hybrid cars like the Toyota Prius Prime can drive over 130 miles per gallon of gas.

Back