Do you think there would be many newspapers which have online news blogs in the future?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I feel in the future there may not be as many newspapers which still post online news on their news blog. Hiring many website news writers, and journalist is very expensive, and making money from ads and selling paid subscriptions may not be profitable enough to hire many writers, editors, journalists, and website staff to maintain the website's server, and protect the server from hackers.

TV channels like CNN, ABC, CBS, BBC, CBC, etc post a lot of online news, and more people may visit a TV news website compared to a newspaper website because more people watch TV these days. Some newspaper websites may need to shutdown if TV news websites have more visitors because newspaper website visitors are declining.

A lot of the popular online news writers and journalist with a lot of fans can start their own news websites or publish their news to Blogspot, Wordpress, Tumblr, YouTube, Dailymotion, or their own site with ads, and use sites like Paypal, Patreon, Gofundme and Indiegogo to raise money.

More people may no longer trust newspapers as a good source of news in the future, and they rather get their news from a news creator on YouTube, Twitter, Reddit, independent news websites, and other sites with news posts.

If they do, I hope its free.

If they do, I hope its free.

I hope newspapers website will be free as well.

I find it annoying when I go to a paid newspaper website where visitors have to pay a monthly subscription cost to read news articles on a newspaper website.

There are now other ways to earn money online like with Patreon, ads, classified ads like help wanted job employment ads, donations, or selling stuff like T-shirts on their website.

For sure.
Even now, there are plenty of newspapers which have blogs too but then again, no one knows what the future holds.
I would like a blog with intellectual stuff in the future.

I think there will be no more newspapers at some point. I think everything will be online, whether it is a news blog or a website were you'll read the news.

I agree at some point there maybe no Newspapers. I feel there maybe newspaper printers where people can print out local news articles for $1 rather than printing out many thousands of newspaper to be sold at a book store or news stand.

Back