Do you think Voice controls will be less popular if there are not enough younger people to use it?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I'm not sure if there are many young people who use voice controls. I only see a few young people use voice controls But, where I live, I haven't seen a very old person use voice controls unless they are can't move their back, hands, arms and legs, and rely on their voice for doing most tasks, or telling people to help them out.

Many very old people I met don't like to talk much because of hearing problems where they can't hear other people's voice, or talking is a difficult task for them because they can't talk as fast, or for a long amount of time because of old age. Some old people may have difficulty trusting voice objects where they feel comfortable talking to them without fear of their voice being recorded, and sent to a company, the government or law enforcement. Plus, many old people still prefer physical objects like keys, handles, and buttons for unlocking doors, making phone calls, and windows rather than using a voice control computer to control a machine to unlock stuff, or make telephone calls.

I think voice controls require a lot of younger people who are under 70 years old to remain popular. But, if there are fewer younger people who can talk quickly and have good hearing, the voice control userbase maybe less popular.

The Amazon dot was this years hottest item, we couldn't keep it in stock. So I say voice control is popular enough.

The Amazon dot was this years hottest item, we couldn't keep it in stock. So I say voice control is popular enough.

The Amazon Dot is $50, and it have a lot of non-voice control features which may make people who are not interested in voice controls buy it for the other features. The Dot can be used as a external speaker, and microphone, so these two features may make more people buy the Amazon Dot instead of a standalone speaker with mic which need a connected smartphone/tablet for using Apple Siri or Google Assistant voice assistant apps.

Users can also plug-in a pair of more powerful external speakers to the 3.5mm audio jack, and listen to stereo audio from music stored on their phone. The ability to plug in a pair of speakers and headphones may make more people buy the Dot even if they are not as interested in Voice control.

The Amazon Dot is also one of the few wireless speakers and mic which is powered from the home power outlet instead of a battery which needs to be charged everyday, so some people may get the Dot because it is powered from a power cord instead of a battery.

Back