Do you think you will ever go full-digital with games?

Westwood

Full GL Member
Credits
Question mainly aimed for those who haven't already.

So essentially, are you willing to think about completely going for digital distribution with all your gaming needs in the future? Why? Why not?

Not in the foreseeable future, download speeds and hard drive sizes aren't large/cost effective enough. I also like to have a physical collection of games. I have however started to purchase more games digitally for my PS4 due to the cheaper prices relative to store prices sometimes.

Not anytime soon, though I hate to go all digital I might be up for it if I have 1 TB DL internet. I refuse to download a game if I can get if quicker at my local store(s).

Well, I am one of those that unfortunately went full digital for convenience. I don't like much digital distribution from Steam and Origin (restriction by game-key), without them you can't play the dang game, good thing that exists the offline mode. But is certainly a limitation, I feel like I'm paying a hefty price for renting a game, because I can't play them without using their platform.

For PC I went full-digital with Steam.

For consoles (PS4) I have a mix of digital/physical. I like physical so I am able to sell if I ever wanted to, and in case PSN goes down in 20 years or whenever it does, wouldn't lose everything...

Hmm... It's possible that something like this happen sooner or later, you know, like it kind of happened with cds and digital versions of music, in one side is actually more practical because you don't really have to go and buy it, you just can order it online, but on the other side, I still like to have digital versions of things, especially when it comes to my music and video games, I don't know, I guess that I like the feeling of actually having them on my hands.

Can't get full-digital yet, I still love to see my collection of games and plus, downloaded games can't be returned (more like stuck on the game you don't like). So having the physical game, i can return it anytime or sell or whichever works.

I think if the digital games are a lot cheaper than physical games, and my internet connection was faster, there is a chance that I buy more digital games.

For gamers who mainly play free to play games like League of Legends, Dota 2, and Runescape, they may already be fully digital if they don't play console games.

You must be joking. I like owning games, not renting them. And that's what digital copies basically are, renting. You can't loan them to people, you can't sell them, it's debatable whether they're legally seen as yours like a boxed game would be...

I hate that sort of stuff.

Back