Do you use a Download manager to manage your downloads?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Yes, I use "Free Download Manager" to manage my downloads since It can resume from broken downloads, and seem to speed up the download rate for slower FTP sites.

Plus, the default download program for IE sucks sometimes.

I just use whatever my firefox uses. though this seems to be better and looks good for downloading anime. I'll look into this more.

QUOTE (Demon_Skeith @ August 20, 2009 05:03 pm) I just use whatever my firefox uses. though this seems to be better and looks good for downloading anime. I'll look into this more.
It works pretty well with Firefox 3.5.2 I get faser downloads speed because

of

QUOTE Simultaneous downloading from several mirrors 
Free Download Manager is able to download files from several mirrors simultaneously

Source:: http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/features.htm

I used to use this to download a lot of Install files, MP3s, and Asian Music Videos, videos when I was into downloading a ton of music, and videos.

What I like most about this is it is Open source that seems to have an active community and development team.

I normally get 300 kbps downloads without this program, but with FDM I get higher download rates, and my download completion rate is higher since my isp disconnects me sometimes, or the server I am downloading from disconnects me, but I can just resume broken downloads when I am reconnected. I believe this file as reconnect me to the file when I am disconnected.

Back