Do you use giftcards to buy mobile games on Google Play, Amazon App store, and Apple iTunes?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I have use Amazon giftcard to buy a few mobile games on Amazon. I also bought a few Google Android games from giftcards.

I find using giftcards the most convenient since I don't have to pay off a credit card at the end of the month or login to my Paypal or payment account to pay for a mobile game.

I should, but I think I have my credit card attached to the google play store.

I used to ask for giftcards for Google Play when I was smaller because of Clash of Clans. I won't spend a penny on any mobile games anymore really

I do have my credit card attached to my Google account because I've once bought some app. I can't even remember what it was because it was over 4 years ago.

Otherwise, I don't use gift cards or any money at all on the games. The reason is simple - I am too frugal, haha. I hate spending money in general but then I already buy games for computer and my consoles... so I feel like if I'd also spend it on phone games too, it's a bit too much. I honestly like the variety of free games that we have available. I never really saw any games except maybe the Final Fantasy ones that I wanted to buy for my phone.

I do have my credit card attached to my Google account because I've once bought some app. I can't even remember what it was because it was over 4 years ago.

Otherwise, I don't use gift cards or any money at all on the games. The reason is simple - I am too frugal, haha. I hate spending money in general but then I already buy games for computer and my consoles... so I feel like if I'd also spend it on phone games too, it's a bit too much. I honestly like the variety of free games that we have available. I never really saw any games except maybe the Final Fantasy ones that I wanted to buy for my phone.

If you pay attention to the sales going on at Google Play, you can sometimes buy paid games for under $1, or save many dollars from its original price.

I think paid mobile games are an affordable way to play games where a game which cost $1-5 since they can keep some gamers entertained for hundreds of hours, and longer depending on how good the game is.

Spending money on mobile games can be a good use of $1 compared to other stuff which cost a dollar since mobile games like Trivia, Real Time Strategy, and Simulator games can be used to challenge your mind, and relax if you don't like seeing ads and having pop-ups for in-app purchases which are more common on free mobile games which has more ads, and ask you to buy a lot of in-game items.

I do my best to only select the free games. That may sound cheap but im cheap. If I do buy a game it'll be for $1-2 at the most. I refuse to buy a $5+ dollar game. What I'll do is ask my friend to play his/her game if its an expensive game that I want. I'll play it for a while and get bored of it. I'll be happy that I didn't buy and and go right back to my free games. I have other ways to spend my money. I would not buy a giftcard for games. There are a lot of good games out there for free or for the low, low, low price of just 99 cents!

I know you can do surveys and stuff so that you can get money and gift cards for free online. I think you would like that. I'm frugal as well.

Nope. If I get gift cards I just give it to friends who use their phones more. They'll be grateful, I won't have to spend it on something I don't need. It's a win win for everyone. I keep seeing these "gaming packs" for Facebook games and mobile games like Candy Crush or whatever. How people spend money on those things just to get a high score is just ridiculous.

Nope. If I get gift cards I just give it to friends who use their phones more. They'll be grateful, I won't have to spend it on something I don't need. It's a win win for everyone. I keep seeing these "gaming packs" for Facebook games and mobile games like Candy Crush or whatever. How people spend money on those things just to get a high score is just ridiculous.
It's how the companies keep people like us hooked. I don't blame them partly, but it does get annoying as an average middle-class person with other expenses. Ah, well! Candy Crush is definitely not worth the money to skip an extra level. I don't get it either.

I should, but I think I have my credit card attached to the google play store.

I have my card attached to the store, too. I was wondering if I could actually buy google play gift codes and redeem it on my profile and use those instead. It surely can be done in the US, but I'm not sure if it works for every country. In my case, Croatia. It should, you are just buying a code and you have an option to redeem a code on your app store, so it should work. Need to test it out though.

I have my card attached to the store, too. I was wondering if I could actually buy google play gift codes and redeem it on my profile and use those instead. It surely can be done in the US, but I'm not sure if it works for every country. In my case, Croatia. It should, you are just buying a code and you have an option to redeem a code on your app store, so it should work. Need to test it out though.
Most stuff are US-focused. It's a shame. I'm from Asia and I've never had gift cards handed to me in real life, much less in the virtual world. Discounts don't really mean anything here; you either have the money to purchase the thing you want or you don't. It's that simple. No coupons, no brochures, no pink slips. It's just money, and it runs everything around here.

It's how the companies keep people like us hooked. I don't blame them partly, but it does get annoying as an average middle-class person with other expenses. Ah, well! Candy Crush is definitely not worth the money to skip an extra level. I don't get it either.
WHY IS YOUR FONT COLOR RED?!

But in all seriousness, who pays money for Facebook games. I mean, hooray, you got top score on a Facebook game after paying $10 for it. Should I be impressed or should I feel sorry that you have to pay money to win games? It's that simple. Facebook games have a certain target demographic, and that demographic has a more likelihood of paying for flash games because they don't know any better.

But in all seriousness, who pays money for Facebook games. I mean, hooray, you got top score on a Facebook game after paying $10 for it. Should I be impressed or should I feel sorry that you have to pay money to win games? It's that simple. Facebook games have a certain target demographic, and that demographic has a more likelihood of paying for flash games because they don't know any better.
Maybe it just me but I think it is silly to pay for facebook games or rather any other flash based games.

Anyhow I buy Steam and Apple iTunes cards all the time. They are easy to use and you don't need to give your details to Steam (Apple stills wants your address).

Maybe it just me but I think it is silly to pay for facebook games or rather any other flash based games.

Anyhow I buy Steam and Apple iTunes cards all the time. They are easy to use and you don't need to give your details to Steam (Apple stills wants your address).
I'm amused by the irony of my comment. "Paying money for facebook games is stupid!" and then I realize I bought some games on Steam that I haven't even played yet. Like, who am I to judge how people use their money? I waste my money as well and nobody's judging.

I'm amused by the irony of my comment. "Paying money for facebook games is stupid!" and then I realize I bought some games on Steam that I haven't even played yet. Like, who am I to judge how people use their money? I waste my money as well and nobody's judging.
Sorry if I upset you - Didn't mean to. I'm like that as well, I have quite a few games on Steam that I haven't played (They show that I played then because I been idling then) and I hope hope to play then all one day.

Sorry if I upset you - Didn't mean to. I'm like that as well, I have quite a few games on Steam that I haven't played (They show that I played then because I been idling then) and I hope hope to play then all one day.
No no, I wasn't upset. I just realized my money managing when it comes to games isn't as strict as I thought, and I got a laugh out of it. No worries dude, and yes, I will play all those games in my library... eventually.

Most stuff are US-focused. It's a shame. I'm from Asia and I've never had gift cards handed to me in real life, much less in the virtual world. Discounts don't really mean anything here; you either have the money to purchase the thing you want or you don't. It's that simple. No coupons, no brochures, no pink slips. It's just money, and it runs everything around here.

Well, on paypal there is actually an offer which allows you to buy google play store gift card. I am not sure how it actually works, I haven't tried it, but I really hope that its just a digital code which can be redeemed anywhere by anyone.

Some people may want to support their favorite web browser games, so it does not have to shutdown because it is not making enough money from Facebook ads, and in-game purchases. If everyone did not pay money for optional in-game purchases in free Facebook games, the game may force all players to pay a monthly subscription to play the game, or shutdown the game because the game no longer makes enough money to hire workers to maintain the game, game servers, and add new content and levels to the game.

Back