Do you use.....?

WitchAssassin

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Username Style
Unlock full profile styling
Do you ever use any kind of guide or walk through when playing video games? Why or why not? Do you use them sparingly or all the time?

I use to buy guide books a lot for my RPGs, now I just mainly use GameFAQS should I ever get lost.

I recall buying guides back in the PS2 era, even for games like Ratchet & Clank. I haven't bought any since then, honestly you can just look up anything you'd need so if anything a guide is just for collector value.

I use a guide depending on the game, and what the guide is for. For example, one of the many game is "The Sims 4". I use PDF guides from Simsvip for reference to certain items I need or like for the house, or certain steps required to get a promotion in my Sim's job, but I don't really ever use a "walk through" guide for anything, I like to figure out the game on my own, and play it start to finish with as little guidance as possible.

I rarely buy a guide. It has to be a game I really, really like for me to get the guide for it as well. Like demon_skeith, I mostly just use GameFAQS if I ever get stuck.

I rarely buy a guide. It has to be a game I really, really like for me to get the guide for it as well. Like demon_skeith, I mostly just use GameFAQS if I ever get stuck.
I wonder what the sales of guides are like now that we're in the internet age. Like, I figure they had to be way more profitable back in the day, right?

I know guide prices have gone up.
Yeah, that makes sense. I assume there's a core market of people who just like physical guides and will continue to buy them. They're definitely a smaller market however and for this reason the price has had to gone up to reflect that.

If I need to, I'll find a guide on GameFAQs or Youtube or something. I never buy strategy guides any more.

I only check walkthrough videos for glitches and/or tricks and for certain missions that I may be having trouble getting through

I only check walkthrough videos for glitches and/or tricks and for certain missions that I may be having trouble getting through

I normally do the same thing. Most I can figure out but if I can stuck then I'll get use a walkthrough to get me past that one section.

Back