Do your headphones have a microphone on it for using with a smartphone, tablet, or PC?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
No, none of my over the ear headphones, and earbuds headphones have a microphone on them.

But, I notice headphones with microphones for smartphones, tablets, and PC are becoming more common now.

Nope, since I don't even own any headphones :p

No, none of my over the ear headphones, and earbuds headphones have a microphone on them.

But, I notice headphones with microphones for smartphones, tablets, and PC are becoming more common now.
I recently got a headphones with a mic on it but I'm wondering, is the mic automatically enabled when you plug it in? It has two cords that you have to plug in and when I plug either into my laptop, I hear the sound on my headphones but I'm not sure if the mic is automatically turned on with it.

There was no manual so I couldn't check for information about it >.<

I recently got a headphones with a mic on it but I'm wondering, is the mic automatically enabled when you plug it in? It has two cords that you have to plug in and when I plug either into my laptop, I hear the sound on my headphones but I'm not sure if the mic is automatically turned on with it.

There was no manual so I couldn't check for information about it >.<

The mic sound/volume settings might be muted on Windows, or your smartphone. I think the mic is automatically connected to the mic port, but maybe muted or disabled in your operating system or software settings for Windows, and other OSes.

Back