Does anyone else kind of worry about society's future?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Because it seems like we're going backwards as far as free speech and political freedom goes, and I worry the next generation of kids has no interest in anything that challenges their ideas. For example:

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...with-limiting-speech-offensive-to-minorities/

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-rise-of-the-college-crybullies-1447458587

And with the recent college protests and stuff, it seems we're creating a generation who want to ban anything even remotely 'offensive' in case it hurts someone's feelings or some crap. I worry what will happen if these types end up in politics...

Yeah. I hate how people get offensive over pretty much nothing. Like it was one thing to get upset about a confederate flag and how it's "racist", but now people are complaining over a Starbucks red cup because... I can't remember. I think I heard something about it upsetting Christians because of something Christmas. Either way, it's getting really old really fast.

Yeah. I hate how people get offensive over pretty much nothing. Like it was one thing to get upset about a confederate flag and how it's "racist", but now people are complaining over a Starbucks red cup because... I can't remember. I think I heard something about it upsetting Christians because of something Christmas. Either way, it's getting really old really fast.

People complaining about pointless BS that doesnt matter isn't anything new, people have been doing it since before the internet. :p

Its just now you can see everyones opinions online.

I have some faith in the future generations. This is a cycle. Newer generations will rebel against an exaggerated sense of PC the way our parents questioned the paradigms their parents followed. The important thing is that we instill in younger generations that desire to not just blindly accept things and question even themselves. You keep question and talking against the stuff you disagree.

I would pay much attention to the survey, as the way they pose the question can really alter the answer each person is given. I couldn't see the second link since I have no account or interest in creating one just for that news. I find odd how now people seems to be a lot more "me" than empathetic is when they are becoming more midining of offending others. It is quite a phenomenon where people cling to extreme postures regarding what is fine and what isn't fine to say.

now people are complaining over a Starbucks red cup because... I can't remember. I think I heard something about it upsetting Christians because of something Christmas.
Oh, yeah. The red cup; I remember that one. It was because Starbucks didn't depict Xmas imagery with it and somehow it was deemed into being anti Christmas.

It's something I actively speak out about in person. I think regressive leftist culture is dumbfounded really. There seems to be a lot of people complaining for the sake of complaining with certain things. I don't think society as a whole is racist or sexist, there are of course a few - but nothing that major, yet they seem to be open rhetoric's saying these are huge issues. It seems everything is offensive to someone and it prevents freedom of speech. People need to be more open to criticism and be able to take comments as they are meant. I think the recent thing of Colin leaving Kinda Funny after making a joke about women just kind of shows politically correct culture gone mad.

With the way things are going....it's getting worse. There is an increase in the crime rate as well...and despite what anybody says...one person or one small group can't make a difference ...unless it's a movie.
So, I stopped worrying about stuff that I can't change.

I feel people blame things like violent video games, movies, music, and TV shows too much for bad events like school violence or problems like drug addiction.

It's hard not to notice these things going on. You'd have to live under a rock or something. You have to be careful about what you say and do for fear of getting sued or whatever. I hate the fact that you have to walk on egg shells all the time and can't even have a friendly discussion with other people.

I don't worry about society's future. It's not healthy. I'd rather spend my limited time focusing about myself, my family, and my friends...ones whom I can have a meaningful impact with.

So we had this convo earlier about students who are being spoonfeed. Students should not be limited like do this task and do that task. Because I think society is just making future employees and not innovators.

Back