froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Microsoft has urged non-tech-savvy people – or anyone who just wants a stable computer – to not download and install this year's biggest revision to Windows by hand. And that's because it may well bork your machine.

It's been two weeks since Microsoft made its Creators Update available, and we were previously warned it will be a trickle-out rather than a massive rollout. Now, Redmond has urged users to stop manually fetching and installing the code, and instead wait for it to be automatically offered to your computer when it's ready.

Read More

A lot of users wished they knew about not manually updating to Windows 10 Creator sooner instead of after 2 weeks when the Creator update was released. People who stuck with Windows 7, 8.1, and other operating systems are probably glad they don't have to deal with as many of these problems.

Hopefully, users with broken computers which were caused by manually updated to Windows Creator backed up their data, and made a Recovery USB Drive with a program like the built-in Windows backup program or Norton/Symantec Ghost or have a copy of Recovery Discs if their computer has a disc drive.

I bet, there would be a lot of jokes and meme being posted on Twitter, and Reddit which make jokes like "Windows 10 Creator Update makes your PC to meet its Creator/God" like those movie lines where bad guys say "It's time to Meet your Creator or Maker" before killing someone.

Last edited:
Sounds like this is beta testing without the beta name attached to it.

Sounds like this is beta testing without the beta name attached to it.

I agree, it sounds like Windows 10 Creator is beta testing without informing people that they are Beta testing, and that they are in for unfortunate surprises.

Windows 10 Creator also comes with a few pre-installed apps, and programs which maybe unwanted by most users like a 3D paint program, Virtual Reality Portal, Wireless Display App, redesigned version of Windows Defender, changes to Microsoft Edge browsers, and change settings which cause some more advance users to be angry that Windows is forcing 3D paint, VR to be pre-installed onto their OS.

There are already a lot of free and paid 3D programs, and VR games and apps which you can download from Steam and other sites.

I never manually update Windows 10. Last time I tried, it buggered up. lol

I never manually update Windows 10. Last time I tried, it buggered up. lol

The Automatic updates for Windows can also cause problems as well. I had a few auto-updates which cause Windows to break until I boot into safe mode to uninstall the update, or use system restore to hopefully fix the problem.

I'll take my chances. hehe But for the most part, it seems to work! :)

I agree it seems to work most of the time.

But, sometimes, you may not know if everything works until you need to use a certain program and game which fails to load after the update. Windows Update sometimes stop hardware like SD Card Readers, Printers, and Scanners from working after the update, and some people may not use their SD Card Reader, Printer, and Scanner for months, so they won't find out that an Update made their hardware stop working until they really need to use it.

Damnit. Yeah, it was an auto update, but this makes me worried even that could screw up my Windows 10 computer now. I mean, it auto downloaded the creator's update yesterday...

Damnit. Yeah, it was an auto update, but this makes me worried even that could screw up my Windows 10 computer now. I mean, it auto downloaded the creator's update yesterday...

Now, would be a good time to install a third-party Windows 10 Auto-update blocker program like Windows Update Blocker or Win Updates Disabler for users who don't want to be auto-updated to Windows 10 Creator, and have a backup of your important files, folders, system files, settings, and other important data.

Hopefully, the Windows Creator update does not mess up your computer's which auto-updated to Creator.

It is disappointing that Microsoft choose to make the Creator update an automatic update. Large auto updates can cause other non-stability related problems like lost of time when your computer is unusable while Windows is installing updates.

It would be annoying to have the Update randomly auto install when you need to print out your homework, or go online to video chat with someone at a scheduled time, but can't go online because the update which is installing can take many hours to install depending on how slow your computer's internet connection, CPU, RAM, and hard drive is.

Is it actually in production yet? I missed this article about the update. Shame it has so many bugs. I thought this update was gonna help launch MS into the mobile platform. Why am I not surprised?

Is it actually in production yet? I missed this article about the update. Shame it has so many bugs. I thought this update was gonna help launch MS into the mobile platform. Why am I not surprised?

The Creator Update is released, but the automatic update version of the release is slowly being release, so some users may not get the automatic install until their PC is chosen for an automatic install.

But, you can install Creator manually by downloading the installer files from the Microsoft website, or manually agreeing to install the Creator update with Windows Update. I think you need to download the Windows 10 Creator update tool, and agree to install it.

I think Windows Creator update may hurt Windows 10 reputation more than it will help improve Windows 10 reputation for some users who have problems after the update. Windows 10 Creator already messed up people's Windows 10 install where they can't login to Windows or use their programs, or broke their computer where they need to install an earlier version of Windows 10 until Creator is backwards compatible with their PC's hardware.

I do know Windows 10 tends to create a restore point before any updates. But I'm confident that my installation won't get buggered up.....

I do know Windows 10 tends to create a restore point before any updates. But I'm confident that my installation won't get buggered up.....

Sometimes Restore points can fail, and can't fix your computer. It is a good idea to backup your important files, and folders before installing updates.

We have an external HDD with all critical files backed up. We'll see what happens!! :grin:

Back