Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

erich

Full GL Member
Credits
I love this game. The first one was awesome, but this one is even better. I like that they have put out several DLCs and updates. It seemed like the first one was neglected in this respect.

I have a Freiza race toon that has his ultimate and Golden transformation form.

I kind of want to get it someday, but I still haven't beat Xenoverse 1. I have it for the Xbox 360 and it's almost impossible since I had no idea it was a partial MMO. It's really hard to level up when you've done all the single player missions and the only way to level up is by doing multiplayer missions. Which is why I'd probably get it for the PC. Though, knowing my luck, by the time I get it no one will really be playing it.

I haven't even played the first one yet, but I Should at least play this one. One of these days I guess.

If you have Xenoverse 1, you can transfer acheivements to Xenoverse 2. It's pretty sweet.

I thought it was good but I was somehow a bit disappointed. I didn't like Cabba and Frost's moveset at all, and the controls felt a bit clunky compared to Xenoverse 1. I like the character roster, the improved map and pretty much Improved everything but I think they polished it way too much that it lost that fluid feel in Xenoverse 1. It could just be me though, but I really thought Xenoverse was better combat-wise compared to Xenoverse 2.

I played a DBZ game back in the PS2, I forgot what it was called. I didn't really enjoy it that well. I'd rather play Tekken 5, which was a similar fighting game. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Dragon Ball the show, but the game just didn't do anything special to me. It was more of a button masher and spammer rather than technique and combos, and honestly it was more for younger kids who just wanted to beat green aliens up while smashing every button in the controller to the point that it broke.

Don't get me wrong with what I'm about to say. I played both Xenoverse games and I really enjoyed them, but both managed to leave me somewhat unsatisfied for whatever reason. I can't quite put it into words but something about the first Xenoverse just felt like it was a low effort game. It wasn't bad by any means, but it wasn't great either. It was just okay. And then I was expecting something more out of Xenoverse 2, but what it ended up feeling like was pretty much just Xenoverse 1.5. I wish we could get a new type of Dragon Ball RPG game, one that sticks to classic RPG elements as opposed to the system that Xenoverse uses.

I've played it quite a bit however I haven't finished it or picked it up in a while. I really should it was a pretty fun game!

I've been meaning to get this game, how is it?

It was nice on the PS4, but feels rather laggy on the Switch (and the graphics are notably worse too).
So out of the 2 available versions, I would definitely recommend the PS4 version, unless you want to have this game on the go.

I wonder if this game is on PC, maybe I should get it there... haha

Only PS4 and Switch.
Unless it differs in other regions?

dang, that must be the first game only. Oh well! I'll have to get it on ps4 sometime... when it goes on sale. I've been looking at reviews. seems like a fun game!

Back