Full GL Member
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20

Translated by Gematsu:

“I, [Ryota] Aomi, have left Square Enix,” Aomi said in a message. “I apologize to everyone for this sudden announcement.”

He continued, “I’ve been at Square Enix for 13 years, and have worked on Dragon Quest for 16 years including the development period at my last job. [Working on] Dragon Quest was a dream of mine since elementary school. Every day was truly another tale.”

“I’ve now begun a ‘new adventure‘ at the next company,” Aomi said. “I’d like to tell you all about where I’m at and what I’m doing, so please wait just a little longer.”

Before closing out his message, Aomi expressed a heartfelt thanks to Dragon Quest series creator Yuji Horii, character designer Akira Toriyama, and late composer Koichi Sugiyama.

Never played DQ but the art direction was good and the games vary in style quite a bit. I say he has good intentions. Man if I took my elementary school dream of making a 2D NES game with a Janitor as the main character I would be very proud too.

Hrmm, why the leave? Are they shaking up DQ and he didn't like it?
Wonder about it myself. Well maybe one day we will know the "true" reason. At least Yuji Horii is still with SE busy working on DQ 12.

Yuji Hori is the main brain with DQ, with Koichi Sugiyama for the music, and Akira Toriyama designing the characters and monsters.

This guy hasn’t been around for too many entries to make a huge difference with his absence.

Back