[E3 2014] A Level Editor For Hotline Miami 2

Lleyn

Beep
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
While the big names in gaming are burying publications around the world with their ads, trailers, pictures and announcements coming from all directions, Devolver Digital has decided spare itself the effort. The studio has effective announced, from their little corner that their next title, Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number, would include a level editor.

Players can not only customize the aesthetics of their designs but it will be possible to fully draw up plans for a room, choose the the locations of doors, the types and number of enemies as well as their behavior. It will then be possible to share their creations with friends.

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number is still expected for this year on PC, PS4, PS3 and Vita.

never played the first one but the gameplay does look good.

The first game firmly fits into my list of top 3 games. Hotline Miami 1 was ridiculously fun but its lack of levels, with only about 20,  disappointed me, which is why I cannot wait for this next game. A level editor is literally perfect for the game, I just wish it could come out sooner. 

That's great! I really loved the first game, and it's definitely one of those games that I will never regret that I bought during my extreme shopping-period. As in, the time where I bought several games a week on sales/whatever. I think it's even one of the best games I have ever played, atleast as far as gameplay goes. It was just really enjoyable, but it wasn't as fun to replay it sadly. I tried replaying it a few times to relive the fun things with it, but it just wasn't the same when you knew everything already. Having a level editor will surely guarantee endless amoutns of fun, since I'm pretty sure that there will be dussins upon dussins of levels on the interent when this comes out. After all, Hotline Miami was quite a sucessful game, and I wouldn't expect anything else from the second game. It'll probably be quite popular, and the more people who play it: the more people will make levels.

I don't think I will use it too much myself, as I'm not really good at those things... It reminds me of the time where I tried making a CSS map, and to be honest: it didn't go very well. I'm not the most creative person when it comes to level/map designs I guess...

Really looking forward to HM 2! 

Wow, this is incredible news! I absolutely loved the first game, but it lacked replayablity. This level editor will definitely fix that problem, and give a lot of variety to the levels. Also, since you can share your level, I assume there will be Steam Workshop support. This will definitely increase the longevity of the game, and we may see very unique levels. It will also create a nice community around the game. This is absolutely awesome.

It'll be interesting to see how the character thing is handled. It seemed simple when the only two known factions were the Fans and the Butcher, but now that there's the mall guy, the mobster, Jake, and probably other guys, there's a lot more mystery surrounding the story and the gameplay.

Back