Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
After an early report of rumors and whispers, has seem to make the show runners of E3 to come to a decision, E3 2020 will be skipped this year.

The organizers of the conference said this today:

“After careful consultation with our member companies regarding the health and safety of everyone in our industry—our fans, our employees, our exhibitors and our longtime E3 partners—we have made the difficult decision to cancel E3 2020, scheduled for June 9-11 in Los Angeles,” the Entertainment Software Association, the video game lobbyist group that runs the trade show, said in a statement to press this morning.

The ESA added that it will be looking “to coordinate an online experience to showcase industry announcements and news in June 2020.” Traditionally, E3 has two parts. During the first few days of the show, from Saturday through Monday, major video game publishers like Microsoft and Ubisoft hold press conferences to showcase trailers announce their latest games, while from Tuesday through Thursday, the show floor opens for business deals and video game demos. The first part will be far easier to replicate than the second. Microsoft has already announced an Xbox digital event for this year, as has Ubisoft.

Kinda new it was going to happen with Sony and others pulling out of other shows already.

Ah well, time to go digital mode.

This is sad news for people who were looking forward to E3, but I feel this maybe best for people's health, and safety from the Coronavirus, and other problems like Toilet paper, face mask, soap, and hand sanitizer being sold out at a lot of stores because people are buying all of the toilet paper, face mask, soap, and hand sanitizer because of the fear caused by the coronavirus.

I'm so bummed out about it. I wonder if Nintendo and Sony will still do their digital showcases.

I'm sure Nintendo will. Sony never planned anything but they must have one planned at some point for the PS5.

I read a lot of companies are asking their employees to stay home if they feel sick or until the Coronavirus is not spreading as much.

I think online presentations maybe difficult to do if everyone can't get to work because their city or state is locked down because of the Coronavirus.

Sending DVD video disc of the presentations maybe a good idea since the Coronavirus making people use the internet for school, work, and entertainment may overload some people'sinternet which is slower and less reliable, so physical DVD disc maybe a good idea.

Back