Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
EA Games label head Frank Gibeau has hinted that at E3 this year Nintendo will be, "coming back with a second act."

The Wii has been in a steady decline, in both sales and influence with the focus shifting back towards HD gaming on the Xbox 360 and PS3. However, Frank Gibeau is fully aware that Nintendo are not to be counted out in the console wars. The 3DS may be enjoying its time in the sun, but Nintendo may well announce an update to the Wii console and states that, "They’re very self-aware as an organization and [have] a very powerful brand."

On top of all of that, Gibeau also placed the Wii in the same category as PS2 and calls it a "legacy console." He continues this by saying, "They understand the dynamics and the fact that HD consoles is (sic) a booming part of business right now... They’re not stupid. They’re going to figure something out. They’re going to come back at it."

For a successor to the Wii to succeed, Gibeau recognises that Nintendo have to do better at securing support from third-party developers, ""[Wii] is a tough market for a third party. When I look at a development dollar in terms of which teams do I invest in, and what platforms to go at, they’re not very competitive when you look at HD consoles, or free-to-play bets, or things like tablets and handsets."

For the statement in full, visit IndustryGamers for more details.

source

E3 is looking good, if it don't get canceled.

Screw the WiiD, screw the PS4, and screw the Nextbox. They all think every damn one of us can buy console after console! D:

Nextbox won't be until 2016 said Microsoft, and you still need to buy a Wii!

I understand Nintendo making another console,since they are behind. However I do not think it will be another "big" console. I think they will probably add a few features and add 3d and hd support.

I still do not see why Sony and Microsoft are thinking next gen already though. With their current systems they can already do alot.

Back