EA; We're Not interested in remakes because they're 'unoriginal'

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-10-16-ea-not-interested-in-remakes-moore

Yes, really. He says EA doesn't care for them because it feels like you're out of ideas.

Which is kind of rich really. The company who makes endless sports games year after year is talking about 'running out of ideas' and 'unoriginality'. They've also made a fair amount of games that should have been remakes but weren't, like that Sim City game and the Dungeon Keeper 'reboot'.

But what do you think?

I hadn't answer here before because I still find hard to control my laughter every time I read the title of this thread.
That is just hilarious. I am nt over them being able to say that with a straight face.

Peter Moore said:
[The trend of releasing HD re-releases] feels like pushing stuff out because you've run out of ideas
Yeah. They must think that because they deconstruct full games in parts, sell the core at full price and roll the expansions and DLC later. We all surely believe that they keep coming up with ideas.

EA is just a company that never wants to lose money, I can respect that
I have trouble respecting that. In the business you need to spend money in order to make money. It's part of the basics, so I agree with what you say next.

Back