Early Yooka Laylee Reviews

DarkKirby14

Gamer Who Should Be Around More
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
User Title Change
the early reviews for Yooka Laylee are coming in, and it isn't what most had hoped. The game seems to be hovering arounf 6-7 out of 10, which is okay but certainly not what people are expecting

From what I've heard, it scratches the itch people have for those late 90s platformers, but it doesn't really expand upon the genre. Kind of like a half baked Shovel Knight. The throwback feel is there, but modern amenities are missing.

From what I've heard, it scratches the itch people have for those late 90s platformers, but it doesn't really expand upon the genre. Kind of like a half baked Shovel Knight. The throwback feel is there, but modern amenities are missing.

I've heard that too. It's a good thing I have Gamefly

I mean 6's and 7's aren't awful. Besides, I never trust reviews. Everyone has their own taste in video games. For example, Sonic 06 got really low scores, but it's actually one of my favorite Sonic games.

It seems like it's exactly what the fans want it to be. An old school 90s collectathon designed like Banjo-Kazooie was back in the 90s.

It looks good, something I buy (but don't have to since I backed it), but it seems to be full of glitches that need a patch. So till I hear of a patch, I'll put off playing it (which won't be hard to do with my backlog, plus I still need to play shante.)

I wonder if those problems will be fixed already for the Switch version or if they'll keep them and just make a patch. That would be a weird decision though.

makes me glad I have Gamefly

In this case its a good thing, since the game was backed by gamers. With a backer game people shouldn't really have to pay much more for it.

I wonder if those problems will be fixed already for the Switch version or if they'll keep them and just make a patch. That would be a weird decision though.

Hard to say really since it will be with a completely different hardware. The fact it was delayed till an unknown means the game wasn't playable.

Seems that the tech is part of the problem - dodgy camera in places etc ruining peoples experience. Shame, because I was really looking forward to it.

Back