Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
It was rumored yesterday that the video game studio, Junction Point. Makers of the Epic Mickey series was closing. Today that has been confirmed:

"It was with much sadness that we informed our teams today of changes to our Games organization, which include the closure of Junction Point Studios. These changes are part of our ongoing effort to address the fast-evolving gaming platforms and marketplace and to align resources against our key priorities. We're extremely grateful to Warren Spector and the Junction Point team for their creative contributions to Disney with Disney Epic Mickey and Disney Epic Mickey 2."

No doubt keeping the game only to the Wii was a bad move and then make two more games for all systems and a not popular handheld, is the reason they are closing.

Epic Mickey 1 sold upwards of 2 million. Epic Mickey 2 was on all current platforms except Vita, and that sold decent. I don't understand how they closed down.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Epic+mickey&publisher=&platform=&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

Original sold almost 3 million, and number 2 sold one million all together... Those are decent sales, they should have been able to stay open.

Trust me, I'm sure they make millions every day just from Disney World alone. lol

And you quoted a random post? Bad choice buddy, haha.

Back