Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
In response to the news that the PlayStation 4 had the "largest console launch in history," Sony responded to fans, saying "epic" announcements are coming.

Guy Longworth, senior VP of PlayStation brand marketing, said that Sony is working on supplying the PS4 with games, and that the company has some "epic stuff still under wraps." Longworth said he "can't wait for E3 now," according to the PlayStation Blog.

"We're working on lots of exciting updates and features which we'll get to you as soon as we possibly can," Longworth writes.

source

Must be about backwards compatibility.

It might be about backwards compatibility, but why would you say it "must be" about it? There's nothing in that announcement that indicates it is.

They could have got the exclusive rights to a bunch of games that people have been waiting for for a long time.

Demon_Skeith said:
I'm using Sony's definition really, besides anything self calling epic of late has ended up being flops.
I always lower my expectations of things when they are described as epic. I believe it's a bad way of advertising something because more often than not it's a disappointment in many eyes . But i'm interested to hear what it is they consider epic.

If it had been Microsoft I would have initially thought it was all in the wording, i.e. a play on words.... Epic = Epic Games... but not likely in this case.

My guess is one of two things.

1. Backwards compatibility.

2. They are going to make a pile of cheap classic type games and offer them on that PSN placey.

Maybe it would be Free PSN Plus and games for all PSN users during the holiday.

Back