Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Just read the article and survey results from GamesIndustry :

70% of gamers surveyed in UK, France, Germany and Spain say they're not interested in a video game streaming services.

The data comes from the latest research conducted by Ipsos MORI's GameTrack survey, on behalf of GamesIndustry.biz.

15% of the surveyed gamers (defined as anyone playing games via any device) are interested in a Netflix-style streaming service for games in the four territories included in the study. The remainder either 'don't now' (12%) or already utilise a service akin to Google Stadia and Microsoft xCloud (such as the current market leader, PlayStation Now).

Just 3% of gamers claimed to be 'very interested' in such a streaming service.

The country that is most intrigued in gaming streaming platforms is the UK with 23% of players claiming to be interested (although just 5% are 'very interested'), followed by France and Spain (14%).

German players are the least interested, with just 10% of gamers keeping an eye on the services and 75% who are not interested.

50% of those surveyed in the four markets claim to live in a household with at least one subscription service, with 21% subscribing to two or more and 7% subscribing to three or more services. Netflix is the most popular based on claimed household subscriptions (30%), followed shortly by Amazon Prime (27%) and then Spotify (12%).

Most of these people will be casual gamers (like myself) and we don't want anything extra. I just want to get my game, play it and enjoy it without any problems. I feel like streaming games isn't going to be easy especially when you encounter internet issues.

Well, from this survey and the only Stadia exclusive game may not be an exclusive after all, things are not looking good for Stadia atm imo...

Users with a more powerful computer, and newer consoles who want to play a game without a internet connection will probably pick physical games, or digital games bought from Steam, PSN, Xbox Live, etc.

I feel Game streaming maybe a popular option for gamers which have older and slower computers, but have faster internet connections. Some modern games don't run well on older computers which use an older operating system like Windows XP, Vista, and 7, but the game may run well on older computers with fast internet connections when the game is streamed from a powerful gaming server.

The lag on streaming games maybe less noticeable and annoying compared to the lag when playing newer games on a older and slower computer with a slow CPU and video card, and less RAM which can cause a game can freeze, crash, or not install on slower and older computers.

Also, what happens if an issue on Google's side occurs? Do the service and all the games then become unplayable? And would you have to wait for the service to come back online?

Sony commented some more on Stadia recently, read it from PushSquare:

Sony isn't about to go all-in on game streaming. With the PlayStation 5 on the horizon, the company has basically come out and said that it doesn't think the world is ready to fully commit to services like Google Stadia just yet. It chalks this up to the fact that not everyone has a good, stable internet connection, and as such, consoles are still a necessity, especially when it comes to playing the most demanding games.

Company CEO Kenichiro Yoshida says that the PS5's "dramatically" increased graphical processing power "clearly demonstrates why it makes sense to have a next-generation console".

Sony sees the likes of Google Stadia as a potential competitor in the gaming sphere, but says that streaming services are a "mid-to-long term" threat to PlayStation -- not an immediate one. Obviously Sony has already invested in streaming technology with PlayStation Now, but it's clearly not a major priority for the company at this point in time.

Saw some more survey results from broadband genie:
2zkK7a5.jpg

QotVDtK.jpg

m7lPlFN.jpg

khyMPTE.jpg

8hu7xr8.jpg

You can't always trust the polls either. There's no way that any serious gamer has voted that they are happy to pay £35 per month for Stadia.

I feel there may not be many gamers who are willing to pay £35 a month for Stadia. A console or computer would be more worth it than paying £350 for ten months of subscribing to Stadia.

Back