Ever played a mobile game on a TV or Monitor by using a HDMI cable, or device to connect it to TV?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I played mobile games on Windows by using Bluestack emulator. But, I have not used a TV or monitor because I did not have a TV or monitor with a HDMI port. I may try to connect my tablet to a TV with a HDMI port in the future to play emulators, and mobile games with controller support.

I was going to buy something to make this possible with my PSP, but I never got around to do it.

No, it is not very appealing. I'll stick with the traditional console + tv.

I think Windows 8.1 or 10 tablets can be appealing to connect to a TV because Steam for Windows has Steam Big Picture Mode which let you comfortably use Steam, and play steam games on a TV with a gamepad controller. A tablet is also easier to move to a TV than a more heavy desktop computer, or laptop which needs a table to put it onto.

The Nvidia Shield tablet now has a lot of older PC games like Half-Life 2, Portal, and mobile games like Asphalt 8 and Shadow Gun which has controller support, so some Android tablets have a better TV experience when you connect them to a bigger screen to play with a wireless controller.

Wait, you have a Windows Phone?

No, I do not have a Windows Phone. I use a Windows 8.1 Desktop PC, and Bluestack Android Emulator to play a few mobile games inside the Bluestack emulator running on Windows 8.1.

Never heard of blue stacks but the idea of an android phone emulator is really appealing. It can help in web page optimization and stuff.
I have HDMI cable and proper entry on my TV but I don't think there is a way I could use that on my samsung. I guess if I ever get a Tablet I wouldn't mind doing that if I had some fun games.

I have HDMI cable and proper entry on my TV but I don't think there is a way I could use that on my samsung. I guess if I ever get a Tablet I wouldn't mind doing that if I had some fun games.

You would most likely need a Micro-HDMI or MHL video cable, and a smartphone/tablet with a Micro-HDMI port to connect your tablet and some smartphones to a TV, monitor, or projector with a Full-Size HDMI port.

It is also possible to use Google Chromecast to show your smartphone's or tablet screen on a TV, but you may experience slowdown problems because Chromecast and smartphones and tablets uses a wi-fi connection.

Back